Has anyone ever used Direct2Drive?

Kage

Golden Master
Just wondering what they have in place, in case of a hard drive failure, wheather you could redownload without trouble, all the games?, and 2, what would happen for example, if the service dropped dead and you lost the games somehow?...

Its tempting in a way, but at the same time, I much prefer the physical presence, and it looks like the downloads are heavily DRM protected, meaning some computers might have issues anyway.
Not to mention, the prices tend to be the same as the physical disc version?

I personally would rather have they physical disc. then if something goes wrong you know you will have it.

I mean, what if their server is hacked, and you no longer can re download all of the games that you have paid for?

i have used d2d.com you can only activate the games serial number like 5 times and yes from the website under my account? u can re download the game

if the prices are near or even the same as the physical version i would say go with the physical version just because you have that added peace of mind that its yours and even if your hard drive fails or the direct 2 drive business goes bust you will still have your game

I agree really. The difference in price between the physical and the download is nothing, and sometimes, as when I searched for Call Of Duty 4, the shop was actually cheaper!

i think some people prefer to get it online is because they have a fast internet and dont want to go out into the sunlight and get the game.

My boss uses D2D and then gives us all the games :p. But we have a 10Mbit connection via Fibre Optic at work. We all just bring in our pc's or an external drive on saturdays and trade the latest movies, music and games.

Back
Top Bottom