Haha

Craig Prince

In Runtime
Okay, you have no idea what this thread is by just looking at the title. :lol:

I'm basically making this thread because my current old Dell PC broke. By broke I mean the power supply failed. I could replace it for around $100, however next week I'm going to be building my new PC anyway. So no need to do that.

The reason why it costs so much, is because its a custom Dell small form factor PC. So there's only one power supply that would actually fit.

That's about it for now, and I will see you all in about a week. Bye! :)

Yeah, typical DELL overcharge for their own PSU's and forcing you to buy DELL because of the case having a non standard "fit".

I had a Dell Demention 5000 before i started to built my own computers. I wanted a bigger PSU. So i got one from a friend. I then realized that there was some metal sticking out in the case that made sure that you could only use DELL PSU's with a matching "slot" for that metal piece. I cut it off with a small electric saw. Fit perfectly after that ^^

I called dell before cutting it off to ask what PSU's they had for my case. They had a overpriced 450W PSU. That was the biggest they offered for that case.

lol if you're thinking of re-using your dell's motherboard, think again, most of them are not standard atx, itx, etc. it took me an hour of trying to shoehorn it into a case where the screw holes never lined up.

As for as i know the newer DELL's are ATX, but turned upside down to mach their BTX cases.... pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.
Not to mention that is was DELL that infected the world with their BTX standard.

Back
Top Bottom