GTX 295 Announced

culexor

Daemon Poster
Nobody likes being second place, especially Nvidia. Back when the company launched its GeForce GTX 260 and 280 boards, AMD was huffing fumes with its Radeon HD 3870. Not surprisingly, the GT200-based gamer cards extended Nvidia's lead. Nobody would have guessed that [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,&quot]AMD [/FONT]would come back with its Radeon HD 4850 and 4870 boards—neither of which was actually faster than Nvidia's flagship, by the way—and still steal the spotlight away from the massive, monolithic chip.
Full article at: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-295,2107.html

I'm excited, but I'm guessing that this will be in the spotlight for a short while (much like the 9800GX2).

What do you think?

I told you guys! This will be a great alternative to the 4870x2. THIS MEANS THE CORE 216 PRICES WILL GO DOWN! I might just step up and spend $250 and get this. Instead of getting another Core 216. God, I love you EVGA.

aww and i just bought a 3850 today... lol jp this one was only 50 bux hahah but yeah i already saw this actually. looks good i got to admit it even as a amd fan

I think the GTX 280 prices will fall and thats it, maybe a 10 dollar dip into the rest of the line but thats about it.

The problem with this is that it only hits the Extreme Gamer market. ATi still owns all of the low to enthusiast market for the most part (performance wise). Nvidia doesnt even have a low or mid end line with the GTX 2xx architecture yet.

Also im dissapointed that Nvidia hasnt moved along to GDDR5 or even GDDR4 yet! Even with the seriously expensive 448 bit wide bus the throughoput on paper still favors ATI's 256 bit bus simply because they are using GDDR5 (which is, in reality, Quad Data Rate). Not does the narrower bus make it much cheaper for ATI to make the GPU, it also makes it wider than Nvidia's bus's, a win win for ATA, and a loose loose for Nvidia.

I <3 you Nvidia ;)

i think the step up program sucks.
I got an 8800GT for $150 and i tried the step up program thing, and they were only offering me $15.
i dont think the other 2xx series will drop much. since from what i have seen, its always a bit more than the competitors cards that perform similar performance. I wouldnt expect the GTX 280 to drop lower than the 4870.

Card looks nice. But an 8800GT suits me well for now, and if i need a better one then i will just buy my friends 8800GT to SLI.

Back
Top Bottom