Got a question about Rhapsody?

I just decided to give this streaming site a try but I'm a little confused. I just went directly to there site and signed up on there 14 day trial. This allows me to stream music or save it to my hard drive in .wma format. From within there site it asks me if I want to buy the track to burn it to a CD.

Now I went to the folder I downloaded it to and it plays fine in Windows media player. I tried putting the file on my USB drive and saving it to my PS3 but it says its unsupported data.

Do I need to convert the file from .wma to .mp3 to play on the PS3 or is the file just playable on my computer. IE I can't burn it or get it to play in anything else without purchasing it. At least I don't think I purchased it by downloading right? It never gave a price or a confirmation that I would get charged.

After the 14 day trial can I download unlimited tracks to my computer? Its like $12.99 a month and I think that's a steal for legal media. I guess I'm trying to figure out what the catch is. I'm thinking its because it will only work on the computer and not my other devices. Its worthless if I can't put it on my cell or PS3.

Thanks

Probabley encoded some how to prevent copying. Now when you pay for the service might be another story. Remember trials have a lot of restrictions attached to them.

Well the thing is they already have my credit card info. I had to input it in to get the 14 day trial. I just tried copying it over to my Cell running Windows mobile and it asks if I want to download the license for it. I clicked no and it didn't play.

So I went back into Rhapsody and tried putting it on my PDA from that and it asks if I want to subscribe to Rhapsody on the go. Which is like $14.99 a month. So I guess they take on 2 bucks to put it on my phone.

My biggest concern is I don't want to go downloading songs when I think there free when there really 99 cents a pop like Itunes.

I'm pretty sure there encoded with DRM. But when I originally surfed about it I didn't think Windows media player would support it. I thought the file would launch there player instead.

I'm going to try downloading an audio converter to see if that does anything.

Thanks for the response I'm guessing its like satellite radio yet its on demand if you want to call it that.

Edit: Just downloaded Switch audio converter and it failed saying the file is DRM protected.

Yeah, It's DRM Protected. There are tools to remove it, But I'm not sure about their legality

Back
Top Bottom