Got in a fender bender

I almost did that too!! I was driving towards woodstock, and I was looking out the window at the bar where my friends and I had our flat tire incident in the middle of the window, and the F-350 in front of me was turning... It's a good think I was in my ranger which wieghs as much as a corvette so I could brake quick... if I was driving my moms van I probably would have hit.
I almost saw an accident today... Some idiot in a new SUV floored it around the corner in a 35 zone and must have had his foot on the pedal, and as he drove by me on the street I was waiting on to turn off of I thought I heard either a loud radio or somebody in the car scream.... Cause they were about to nail the cars in front of them at 50 mph in a 35 zone... I think they pulled the E-brake and hit the front brakes cause the back tires were skidding and they stopped QUICK and slid off the road a bit...
Then, at the stoplight right after that... A semi almost hit me!! He was turning, and he didnt go wide and wasnt even paying attention, and he had a long flat bed, 3 sets of wheels in the back... As soon as he started turning I was like.... "OH shit..." I was boxed in by other cars too so I had no where to go... I just waited and thought, "His Insurance" lol, I swear that thing came within 6 inches of my truck, and I didnt even think to honk...

If only I'd had time to rip me e-brake, but it was so fast. I've spent the last several hours trying not to vomit because of how bad I've felt about the whole thing. I'm just glad no one was hurt, as for paying attention, that is one thing I will be doing a lot of in the future.

^^lol^^

It helps.......>>>>>

>>>>>>....................<<<<<<

>>>>>>.........<<<<<<

>>>>>>.....<<<<<<

>>>>>>BANG!<<<<<<

Everyone's ok so just take it easy

:)

If only I'd had time to rip me e-brake, but it was so fast. I've spent the last several hours trying not to vomit because of how bad I've felt about the whole thing. I'm just glad no one was hurt, as for paying attention, that is one thing I will be doing a lot of in the future.

You'll get over it. However you feel now, pales in comparison to what could have happened.

You'll get over it. However you feel now, pales in comparison to what could have happened.

I hear you there man, I keep flashing back like it's some sort of war story or something. Thankfully I just got back from Ju-Jitsu so that got my mind off of it for a while and helped me calm down and get back a little normalcy.

...my girlfriend today missed the turn off a highway and tried to make it anyway, hit the curb going 60...the steering wheel's alignment is screwed up now.

It happens to everyone, don't worry about it too much, just be more careful.

I was nearly rear ended yesterday...

Main thing is no one was hurt, these things happen quite often so don't feel to awful bad, live and learn;)

Some of you a bit too harsh... If you've been driving for a number of years you should have had your share of close calls if you have yet to actually be in one.

I've never been in an accident or even caused an accident (other than a deer hitting me), but I have been close on both. You can pay attention to the best of your ability and still rear end someone. Take for example, the highway my school is on that I had to drive home on. People will slam on their brakes for no apparent reason you don't expect it, so you do it, and you skid right in to the back of another car... And no you don't have to be tailgating to do this. I've come within inches of another car and I was quite a ways back from them. Or how about the guy that decided to pull out in front of you when you are doing 50 and had the right of way and you are not far from them. If you are good at driving while skidding then you might get away from it with your car in tact, however this is not always the case. I had a guy do this to me, if he would have kept going, there would be nothing I could have done to prevent it.

Accidents happen at times. It sucks I know. The guy says he was paying attention to the trouble spots he had previously on that road, just turned out it was the wrong day to pay attention to that stuff...

accidents do happen.

I've had my fair share of them both in my car and on my bike.

just this year alone I've driven into the back of someone at a roundabout. and nearly rode into the back of a guy on my bike yesterday when he slammed his brakes on for no apparant reason.
a couple of years ago someone drove into the back of me. whilst I was stopped in traffic.

accidents happen. -so don't feel bad...

all you can do is be careful!

and those who say that they've never been in an accident probably will be in an accident at some point in their lives.

that is why they are called accidents, no one wakes up in the morning and say's....i think i'll get into an accident today.

glad to see that no one got hurt... :p

life happens fast, so take it easy.

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it. I ordered some new lights last night, it oughta be fun putting them in and knocking some dents out...going to need a crobar and a universal wrench.

Thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom