Gosh Darn UPS

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
So I'm waiting on my new video card (http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=93991) for my work PC and newegg sent the tracking info and it was updated yesterday that it was going to be delivered yesterday. Well...it never came so I was kinda bummed but sometimes the UPS guy comes after I get off work (others work longer than me) so I was hopeful it would be here in the morning, I even came in earlier in early! Nope not here. So I go back and check the tracking info again:

THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY[X]

W...T...F... *#@!&!*@&$.

Must be nice to have a job where you can 'miss' some of your work and not get in trouble. "Sorry boss I 'missed' the server, I'll fix it on the next business day."

Well, hopefully they don't 'miss' it today.

Ouch, I've never heard of that before.. lol

Sucks when no one is home to sign for a package so they try delivering it the next day.. I fixed that by leaving notes that say to just leave the package on the porch though.

On the plus side, at least they're honest about it. I've heard a lot of stories where they've just posted one of their "sorry we missed you cards" and then sped off regardless of whether anyone was in or not...

I guess I might just miss my laptop at home, so I'll work the next business day.

Don't they do some checkups before they leave?

Well the thing is they are delivering it to a business. I wasn't in, but we have people who are here until 5. Plus we get UPS every other day so it's not like we don't know our driver.

That's even worse than not being at home. They just plain forgot to put it on the truck.

UPS is notorious for these kinds of blunders. I had a next day air delivery once that the UPS tracking website said had been delivered when it hadn't yet. I called, got the runaround and was told that they have no way to contact the driver to check on the package (total BS). Then, after about 2 hours, the driver sneaked onto my porch, dropped off the package and took off without knocking on the door or anything. My guess is that the driver was fudging his numbers on his paperwork so he could take an early lunch or something. What pissed me off the most is that UPS customer service was unwilling to do anything to remedy the situation and lied about not being able to contact the driver.

Could be worse....

129078798861719362.jpg

Must be nice to have a job where you can 'miss' some of your work and not get in trouble. "Sorry boss I 'missed' the server, I'll fix it on the next business day."

Done that (unintentionally, of course). >.<

It's a shame to hear that, especially since I recently had a great experience with UPS. My street was covered in snow and too icy to drive on. The nearest 'safe' road was over five minutes away, but the guy simply left his delivery van there and walked the rest of the way with my package. I was more than impressed. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

I got it today, installed it, works great. I just thought it was funny that they forgot it. No big deal. I'm better now.

Yeah I've had a package sent to the wrong facility before, but that's the worst thing that's ever happened to me. It's nice to see that they (usually) are honest about their screw ups. Overall UPS has been great for me, especially with newegg. Any ground shipment that comes from their memphis warehouse comes the next day. 80% of the stuff I order from them comes from their memphis warehouse too. Newegg + UPS = <3

Back
Top Bottom