Gmail bug or virus? or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Ok i have more than one gmail account,
One is to test out the spam, so use that one to get emails that arent important and that, another account is mt regular one,

The test one i got spam, it went to the spam box and it was like two words and thats all and it was like nothing, i cant remember what it had but the email was a bit fishy like just words or something then i went to my other one and it had the same email alike but diffrent wording and from a diffrent sender but just fishy.. And it wasnt in the spam folder,

Is this a bug or something because i dunno how it would of got my other account which is not the spam one, bit puzzled...

Anyone else had something like this? Or know something about it..

If you get anything like that, dont open it, just delete it straight away.
im not sure how it coulda got your other account name, but id run an adware and spyware scan (lavasoft and spybot s&d) and also, running your antivirus could be an idea.

A bit late in replying,

mark thorpe said:
If you get anything like that, dont open it, just delete it straight away.
im not sure how it coulda got your other account name, but id run an adware and spyware scan (lavasoft and spybot s&d) and also, running your antivirus could be an idea.

Thanks,
but i do that daily as it is, still werid tho :\

They must be quick really to get info like that, and all.. i just dont get how, cookies? or what!?..
Plus how come you cant open the email, just to like check it out, its not like id open up or d.l the attachment..

*hmm wondering*

meh :confused:

yeah, some things can get through the spam filters, they're not perfect. any strange emails just delete right away, sometimes just opening the email can get you infected with a virus/adware/spyware, and as always....never follow email links. as for how they got your email address? well if you've clicked on a link before or something, or if you've entered that email in a website or something to have them email you, sometimes websites sell your email address. thats why I have about 5-6 different emails for different things, and trust me, I've made some mistakes with those emails and I get a LOT of spam, well...2 of them anyway.

I never seem to get this type of email to my gmail, although not any that i am aware of!

When I get stuff like that I use my "Report Spam" and less and less of that stuff comes in my inbox.

Chris

Ah ok, thats still strange that tommy boy....

sometimes just opening the email can get you infected with a virus/adware/spyware

And ill be even more careful than i em already giving my addy(s) out

Thanks tommy! :)

Thanks draconum, i must do that next time(hopefully not a next time tho)

G.G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom