Glass Cutting?

karling07

Daemon Poster
The top of my fish tank broke, it's a 30 gallon bow-front tank. So it's shape is similar to this:

http://www.marinedepot.com/IMD/aquariums_seaclear_bowfront.jpg

(the front is rounded)

Parts are no longer made for it, so I can't order a new top. Can anyone give any ideas for places that might do the job?

I can make a cardboard cutout of what I want the output glass to look like, but it will involve cutting both round and rectangular. It HAS to be clean and cannot have ANY jagged edges

The cardboard cutout would just serve as a template and the glass would clearly have to be much cleaner.

The only places around me that I can think of are Home Depot, Lowes, and Portland Glass

Will any of those places do what Im looking for?

Any glass or window repair company can cut a piece of glass for you, I don't know about The Home Depot or Lowe's, but I would check out the third place you mentioned, Portland Glass. Give them a call and inquire about what you need.

I'm sure that if you make a cardboard cutout of the shape you need they can do it.

Yea, Some Glass shops can do anything you want.. Amazing watching some of those guy in action with thier tools and a little heat.

But do note, that some custom glass work can cost a pretty penny.

Thats really kewl.

I'm looking to put a hole into my cases side window which is made from quite thin plastic. Wondering a way of getting into it without some expensive tools, to fit a fan.

But yeah, I'm sure you'll get what you want

Thanks guys, I'll send out some calls and see what I get. Already called Home Depot, and the lady that answered said "You know what, I really have no idea." So I waited for her to say she'd transfer me to someone who DID have an idea... But no, it was just kind of silent for a second and then she said "Ok, have a good day" and hung up...

uhhh

Back
Top Bottom