Funniest work story, amazing how dumb some people are!

So I finally got back to work last night and its always a adventure comming back off a week off. About the only thing nice with my swing shift is getting a week off every month. So I get into work and we start the pre work chatter. My boss comes over to me while i'm drinking a cup of coffee and says hey they fired John Doe finally. I was so happy to here this the guys a complete screw off.

Let me give you some history on this guy. First off he worked at my company about 6 or 7 years ago and got arrested for stealing and had to quit his job for the jailtime. I new him then because I was working for the same company after school.

So I've been back with this company for almost 3 years now. About 3 months ago he shows up working again. He told me he practically had to beg to get his job back. Plus on top of this I didn't get to retrain him which I was pretty upset with cause he kept doing stuff the wrong way and I was stuck to deal with his screw ups.

Well back about 2 months ago I was on day shift and he was comming in on night shift. He was all tired cause he got no sleep in the day. Granted were on 12 hours shifts. So whats he go in do about 3 hours into work after parking a truck he decides to hope in a sleeper cab. I work for a trucking company. So he decideds to take a quick 10 minute nap. Well that quick 10 minute nap turned into a 8 hour nap. He only woke up in at about 6 am to the driver getting into the truck. The driver backed up and he snuck out of the truck without being seen by the driver. Funny part is there was a driver in the next truck to him that saw him jump out. He got the rest of the week off without pay.

Next episode about 1 month ago this time its lunchtime. He vanishes. Everybody is searching for him thinking he's asleep again somewhere. He appears 3 hours later with his girlfriend. She walks in, in a little mini skirt flaunting around and says he just got his birthday present. Mind you he has no license revoked for DUI. So his foreman says to him as his girlfriend leaves you better go catch her she's your ride home. He's like what are you talking about he's says go home and call the main foreman in the AM and see if you still have a job. He gets another week off. Mind you he's related to somebody higher up in the company.

So thats just the history. Now I already told you he's a known thief. So trying to find out why he got fired my boss didn't know. I started bs ing with the head of maintence. He didn't give me much more than a response of lets just say he has stick fingers. Okay so looking for more answers I start asking around a bit more. Turns out after talking to some of the day shift guys he stole some batterys and some other oddball items and took them to a local junkyard. Well first off the guy were's his work shirt taking the stuff in. The local junkyard know's he's a known thief and calls my company at some point and asks about all the stuff. Finally the guys gone!!! I just thought it was rather funny.

Another amazing and funny part about his first stealing arrest. He was stealing copper balls from some company downtown. Well its like 3 am him and a buddy are doing it. They see a cop start pulling up. His buddy jumps in the bushes and gets away. The cop comes up ready to arrest him and pulls a bit of a con saying he's out delivering parts first thing and needs to get it finished up. Well believe it or not the cop falls for it and actually helps him unload all the stuff he was just about to jack. He did check his ID and such but the cop checked with the company in the morning about the shipment. They said they don't do deliverys that early. Well they had his info and such so he came knocking later that day and got arrested.

Tell me how dumb can a person honestly be?

what an idiot, i bet whoever he is related to must feel like an idiot keeping him in the company just to make himself look bad :rolleyes:

what do you do at the trucking company?

what an idiot, i bet whoever he is related to must feel like an idiot keeping him in the company just to make himself look bad :rolleyes:

what do you do at the trucking company?

Unit Prep, Detail Work, Reclamation and Salvage is mainly what I do. Some other odds and ends from time to time when works slow.

Although I think I may get my CDL license shortly. Mainly to make a bit more money and hopefully go back to school.

I wanted to get it sooner but sadly I got a DUI myself a while back. Its been just over 3 years now since I was sentenced for it so it should be off my MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) now. Thats the only reason I didn't get it sooner because 90% of companys won't employ you if you have a DUI in your MVR. Granted mine was expunged because it was a first offense and I had no prior record so I only got a 30 day license suspension and 6 months probation at that time. And like 3k in court costs and fines.

I will say unlike a lot of people I work with that have multiple DUI's in the shop I learned my lesson. I won't touch a set of keys if i'm at the bar not worth it. Cause i'll go to jail for sure, thankfully though when I got mine I just had to go to the police station and get fingerprinted and take a breathalizer. I didn't have to go in the drunk tank or anything. Funny how a mistake can change the course of your life but I will say its made me a better person today.

Back
Top Bottom