Free 3D Glasses at Wal-Mart

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Where are they?

I have heard to look in different places. The back-to-school section, the front of the store, the toys (near the Hannah Montana stuff), girls clothes... I can't find them anywhere. I can't even find the display they are supposed to be in. It's pissing me off because I need a pair of 3D glasses. I don't care if they have Hannah Montana pink and purple frames. I just want some 3D frikin glasses. For free, preferably. I have checked the closest Wal-Mart to me (walking distance, lol) and they weren't there, but I might check another Wal-Mart that is close to home. If it comes down to it, I will buy the blue and red transparent paper and cardboard and make them myself.

Anyone know where I can get 3D glasses for free?

arent 3d glasses just made of blue and red transparent sheets?

Pretty much. Really simple to make, that's why you can either get them for free in cases like this, or if you are desperate, 30 cents online.

Lol, I would actually consider buying a plastic pair. Like sunglasses, but 3D... Those are 10 bucks though....

Those are polerized ones (Think Imax 3D), compared to the red/blue (also comes in red/cyan) which are called Anaglyph glasses, because of the technique used.

They both work the same way though.

The red blue glasses split the image the eyes see into 2, so that the brain is tricked into believing there is depth, and the polerized ones only let light in one way on one eye, so again, the brain is tricked.

Oh, and then there are shutter based glasses, that tend to just be for PC use, which does the same kind of thing, but the glasses are actually active, turning off one eye, and then the next in a repetitive way. The only down side to this is, the monitor has to be very fast at refreshing, because it has to refresh 2 frames (one left and one right) simultaniously for the glasses to pick up in sync.

Back
Top Bottom