Food: What you see VS what you get

I would love to see them do the entire McDonalds range...

The Advertised burger:

300x185_cheeseburger.jpg

The one you get:

510218587_aff40cd0f5_b.jpg

Dude, it may not look the same but still tastes pretty damn good.

Picture 41 on the website looks really gross. Looks like a POS if you ask me.

Yeah, that's about how it goes for fast food. Want your food fast or pretty? We make a burger fast, half the veggies fall off when making it, and it's just thrown on there. We don't care how it looks. Then it gets smashed when getting wrapped and if put in a bag. Whataburger commercials show then putting toppings on all delicately and stuff, no, if you want to get it out fast, it doesn't work that way.

But if they advertised what the burger you got actually looked like, you think they would get much sales? Probably not...

Look at Hardee's. They are the slowest "fast food" chain in my neighborhood, but they usually have the best food and you know why? They actually take time to make their burgers the right way. Every burger from there I have gotten looks strikingly similar to the ones in the pictures (has all of the toppings arranged neatly and whatnot). Besides, who wants a half-cooked thickburger? Not me.

They must not get too much business then. Where I work you don't have any time to make it look all pretty during lunch time. And if you slow down stuff starts staking up and you got a bunch of orders pending that aren't even on the full screen of orders. During slow times, we make it look a bit better, but the fact is, we don't really care. It tastes the same pretty or ugly, the customer doesn't care in most cases anyway, unless it looks like it's been throw out in the parking lot and ran over a few times, lol.

Back
Top Bottom