Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, quick question..

You know F @ H, well how do you make points, I thought it was the more workunits you have done, the more points you get.. I notice some users have like 14 work units, and more points than me.. who has done 30 workunits..

not that im arsed in any way.. but would be nice to know how to boost points up!

Points are determined by the performance of a given machine relative to a becnhmark machine. Before putting out any new work unit, we benchmark it on a dedicated 2.8GHz Pentium 4 machine
does that strike anyone else as a little backwards?
the whole point of distributed computing is that you're meant to tackle tasks so large that they couldn't all be processed by one computer, yet every single work unit has already been processed in house at base?

leaves me wondering... what's the point of re-crunching already worked units?

root said:
does that strike anyone else as a little backwards?
the whole point of distributed computing is that you're meant to tackle tasks so large that they couldn't all be processed by one computer, yet every single work unit has already been processed in house at base?

leaves me wondering... what's the point of re-crunching already worked units?

they probably just run like 5% or 10% of the work unit when they benchmark it. I don't think there would be any point in the whole thing if they would run 100% of it.

^ya i know but they go faster than the small ones, atleast on my computer they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom