Flight Simulator X - Part 2

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Well, as you guys probably remember months ago when FSX and DX10 were getting all hyped up, finally a DX10 game or whatever... It ran slow.

Well, I just found out they released a patch recently, in addition to announcing an expansion.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/fsxacceleration.aspx

It's a cool expansion and the patch helped performance a little bit, but read the article and you will notice that "the expansion takes advantage of DX10." Thanks, Microsoft for finally getting on that. ;)

Why am I complaining though, I don't even have Vista or a DX10 card.

I though the expansion wasnt supposed to come out until later this year.

Well, now to just come up with some $$ because I really want that expansion pack.

I really do hope that it also improves performance, because my current PC can run FSX around 25 fps at a resolution of 1440 by 900 and about 75% to 80% of the maxed out settings.

That's pretty good. I run higher FPS because I can't stand the jumpiness of the game when I'm trying to land. Lower res of course. It seems to be very CPU limited, my brother's 8600 GTS runs very cool when he plays but the CPU is way on up there. From what I could tell SP1 for the game helped out a little.

And clarify to me what this means in the article...
They make a huge deal about the expansion taking advantage of DX10 like it's a new thing... wasn't it supposed to in the first place? So you have to pay for DX10 support again? Is that what that means?

I'm kind of excited about an "official" P-51 and F/A-18 myself. I wish they would make official aircraft carriers for the thing.

D-Lew, I think the flight deck expansions have a working aircraft carrier, but of course, they aren't official. I don't have them, so I'm not sure

I'm most excited about the P-51 myself. I have seen some pretty good custom P-51 add-ons, but I think the Flight Sim community needs something a little better.

Back
Top Bottom