Flash drive

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Hey, I just bought a Sandisk Cruzer mini flash drive, first time I've had a flash drive. It has the U3 technology where you can run all different types of programs from it and you go to the U3 website and can download a lot of programs. What kind of stuff do you guys have on your U3 flash drives? What do you recommend?

Mozilla Firefox, Portable version of OpenOffice.org, and a password generator for when I am out at a client's site. A couple other things but don't remember off the top of my head and too lazy to plug in my USB drive.

U3 is the most useless thing ever. It basically just enables autorun, whoopdeedoo.

!!!! YES!!!! Get that off. It's horrible. Could actually be useful on a 32GB flash drive so you could technically have an OS installed, but other than that useless.

!!!! YES!!!! Get that off. It's horrible. Could actually be useful on a 32GB flash drive so you could technically have an OS installed, but other than that useless.

I have an 8GB and have a portable copy of Windows XP Professional. But can you run those applications without U3? I like that I can open up OpenOffice.org anywhere I am at without downloading it. Can autorun do that by itself?

I have an 8GB and have a portable copy of Windows XP Professional. But can you run those applications without U3? I like that I can open up OpenOffice.org anywhere I am at without downloading it. Can autorun do that by itself?

You can install it without U3.

Back
Top Bottom