Flag Burning?

Um...

To my knowledge there are only two events that warrant a legal burning of a US flag.
The first is when the flag is worn beyond repair.
The second is when the flag has touched the ground. Meaning it has become soiled.
I for one do not want to see another protest burning of a flag.
If you don't like here, then allow me to drive you to the airport.

Should Flag burning be illegal? No
Should someone but put in jail for this? No
Should any country loving American kick someones rear for burning the Flag? Yes..

I love my country, Flag and military. I love the rights that have been handed to me even though I didn't ask for them. Every American have these right given to them.. Even the right to protest their own country. I do not agree with it. but "Love it or Leave it".......

For this reason I will stand by my country and flag. I fought my Landlord because I put a angled flag pole on my patio beam. He told me I can't have that there.. "Structurial equipment" Then told me to take it down.. I looked at him and smiled.. Then said.. "Make me"

And yes I do know the "The Pledge of Allegiance" and I say it with GOD.

the problem with many people is that they take things for granted. They have no respect, and feel the rights they have are a right and not a privledge. They spit on the flag and the military, e very fabric of freedom they hide behind. For this they should either love thier country or leave..

The question is not is burnign the flag wrong. It is should you go to jail or be fined or get into some legal trouble? I don't think so. We fight for the freedom of expression then we take it away from oursevles? Gee that makes seasne.

I read it and well burning the flag is disrespectful. But I still stand by the fact that we shouldn't ban the burning of it.

Nik00117 said:
As a old marine put it (off of MSNBC) I fought for the right to burn the flag, bible, and any other object which a person wishes to burn. Its a form of protest. And shouldn't be illega. Slowly our rights will be taken away. IDK I guess i'm a leberial in a consertive fourm.

It is not a form of protest. It is purely arson and could cause damage to property and to ones self. It is dangerous.

This isn't a form of protest. It is like yelling fire in a movie theater. Unacceptable.

if you buy a flag it belongs to you, you should have the right to do whatever the hell you want to do with your own property as long as its not dangering other peoples lives or the immediate environment. if i buy a $50.00 american flag and i wanna burn it, its getting burnt. its also illegal to rip money but meh i've ripped quite a few $20.00 by accident. the vets fought for freedom and yet they cant even burn the flag in which they fought to protect. without them there wouldnt be that flag but meh america is kinda screwy anyway, nice women though :D

money_man said:
if i buy a $50.00 american flag and i wanna burn it, its getting burnt. its also illegal to rip money but meh i've ripped quite a few $20.00 by accident. the vets fought for freedom and yet they cant even burn the flag in which they fought to protect. without them there wouldnt be that flag but meh america is kinda screwy anyway, nice women though :D

The vets fought for freedom, not freedom to commit arson against a symbol of ou republic.

Back
Top Bottom