Flag Burning?

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I'm watching a show about flag burning how some poeple burn flags to protest. My view is sure its not a nice thing to do. But putting poeple in jail isn't very nice is it? Frankly if someone wants to gout out and burn the flag and cause no damage other then to that flag then by all means feel free. If they do pass this law on flag burning then I think i'll go buy a flag and burn it myself. Just for the heck of it. Frankly we have the right to protest. And if we want to have a flag burning fest then we should allow it. What do ya think.

If someone feels the need to burn the flag, then why do they bother living here?

Protesting SHOULD NEVER be about the destruction of anything. Feel free to protest all you wish. But the purposeful destruction of property(anyone's) is not protesting but vandalizing.
While the American flag itself is a materialistic object and belongs to the person whose rightful ownership is proved by possesion, the representation of that flag belongs to the people, and I for one do not give my permission to destroy what is mine by right. The flag itself represents the people that fought and died for you to have that right to protest They did nothing to you so why would you be protesting them. The misconception that a flag represents the Government needs to be clarified. It doesn't represent the government..it never has been a representation of the government body. It represents the people of a nation. It represents the lives of the many that have died to protect the people and their ideology of life. It represents the honor of being a part of the nation as much as it represents the courage of the people who have died protecting it. It represents the ideology of TRUTH, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS.
The act of burning it is a protest against those things and would be in fact against what someone would be protesting for.
If you wish to protest the leaders of this country then direct your protests to them. Not towards the American Flag.
By protesting the American flag you are not protesting against the leaders but against the nation itself which would mean that you do not believe in Its way of life such as the freedom of speech that you are trying to assert in the act of destroying what represents that freedom.
Kind of moronic if you think about it.

I just have to say that many men and women died in action protecting the symbol of freedom. And now i can't believe kids in public schools are not allowed to say the pledge of alegence.

This to me say's "it's ok to die for this country, but don't expect us to let you be proud of it."

I pretty much agree with lurkwithin. I also agree with a law prohibiting the burning of the American flag. Yes it is a object, but it is also a symbol. A symbol that represents this nation. It is totally and utterly wrong to burn a flag that represents so much. People say it is a form of protesting.. I believe that it is not.

well said lurks...couldn't have done better myself: this picture summs up my thoughts

And I mean it in a serious. I would do a massive post with all my points and stuff...but lurks did them all so i will post loads of random crud now:

Every year, 4 people are killed by randomly falling vending machines
No, the rumours are false, I do not have a semi permeable scrotum

^^^those are true.....

Sure burn the flag, its a form of protest, they are disrespecting an Iconic symbol, they are saying i dont like what your doing so i will burn your flag.

The flag is just a flag, it has no real value, that is important is the constiturion, you can burn the flag all you want but the constitution in itself, is the important part

Back
Top Bottom