firebird

Wow, you got pretty far, pretty quick! I like the black and gold.
I've been looking for a new project. I got rid of my mustang(most of it so far) and actually made a little money on it by parting it out, lol. Now I'm looking into an RX7 or another Mustang. Either way, my 302 is going into it. And I want to sell my AOD so I can pick up a T5, but I don't think that will happen this summer.

Yeah, me and the guys have hardly slept the last couple days, lol. Now that we got it running we might take a few days off, mostly we need to do dull stuff like the breaks, wheel bearings, re-do the entire exhaust, finish up the body, then paint time... I was amazed the sheer power just the perfectly stock 350 was, running off the headers... Loud as h*ll though, the whole neighborhood could probably hear it when I put the pedal to the floor... I cant wait to get insurence on that thing.

I did the brake lines and the rest of the brake work over the last few days, tonight I'm going to replace the E-brake cable... Tomorrow is the new wheel bearings and finishing up the last few mechanical things, that is if the parts I ordered come in on time.... Then on to the interior

right now the interiors brown, similar to
80yellow5.jpg

but a little more tatered, with a fair bit of wear and rips. I'm thinking the leather interior from the parts car is in better shape... looks a bit like this
81d-interior.jpg

Well, the car has a coat of fresh paint!
guide_coat.jpg

1978_transam_rear_sml.jpg

Here's the final product... just waiting on the decals to get here and she's almost about done! ill post a picture when the decals are all on there
1978tr423.jpg

That looks damn good. Great job. Used to be my all time favorite car becaue of Smokey and The Bandit. LOL

I remember cruising around in my buddies '80 Trans Am. His had the "T/A 6.6" engine. I had a black 1981 Camaro that was near unnoticeable sitting next to his car.

EDIT:
Is it just me, or does the car in the very first black and white pic look like a late eighties Firebird with a rear wing?

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
We gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm east bound just watch ol' bandit run

She's finished! Decals came in the other day, did the gold paint trim last night and applied the decals today.
TransAm145.jpg
se_79_bird.jpg

insurance probably wont be too fun on this car... but damn i love it! something about restoring a piece of scrap into something that looks like it came right off the dealership that makes you more proud to drive it.

Back
Top Bottom