Facebook privacy question

David Lindon

Golden Master
Do you know how to make your photo albums available for people without accounts? I have them to set to 'everyone' but when I log out I can't see my own photos!

I know its possible because sometimes before you add someone as a friend you can see their photos/wall/info etc

You need to actually have a facebook account to see anything beyond the login page - but if you set your whole profile to 'public' or so 'everyone' can see, it means anyone who has an account; friend or a friend of a friend or not can see your stuff.

You need to actually have a facebook account to see anything beyond the login page - but if you set your whole profile to 'public' or so 'everyone' can see, it means anyone who has an account; friend or a friend of a friend or not can see your stuff.

Yes but you can send someone a url and they used to be able to see the pics

David,

From memory i believe this is in each individual album settings as apposed to your facebook profile itself?
Certainly in reference to the external URL you can send to people.

Open up the album you want to make public and down the bottom there will be a link that says...

Share this album with anyone by sending them this public link:

Cannot you just copy the direct url of the photo and send it to your friends? I remember it working even with people that are not logged in to facebook (no accounts).

Was there some kind of javascript exploit you could use too see photo albums of people you were not friends with, or was it blocked already?

Was there some kind of javascript exploit you could use too see photo albums of people you were not friends with, or was it blocked already?
If there was it's most likely been fixed. Facebook are pretty good at keeping on top of things like that.

Back
Top Bottom