F250 or 2500

Yea, you could pull a boat with the 5.4L easily (I'd pull most boats with my 4.6L) Those aren't terribly heavy at all. The real problem is when you want to start pulling car carriers, 5th wheels, horse trailers or large enclosed trailers.

But dodge's suck, but they have the NICEST engines in them (Cummins)

Cummins + allison tranny = awesome truck drive train.
All in a Ford Truck. I should make that into a tow pig someday, when I make a trailer queen, lol.

You can get a Cummins in a ford factory, only in the F-650 or 750 though, lol. You can also get a 7.3L CAT in those trucks.

All in a Ford Truck. I should make that into a tow pig someday, when I make a trailer queen, lol.

You can get a Cummins in a ford factory, only in the F-650 or 750 though, lol. You can also get a 7.3L CAT in those trucks.

ha, over kill maybe? lol

ya, i was considering a F150, but i like big trucks, 350 is just a bit to big an i figured the 250 was a good middle man for the job.

would you say a diesel 250 with 100,000 miles for 18k a good price, 2001 or newer?

FYI a F150 is a mere 1" narrower than a 250/350 and can be had in pretty much the same lengths except for the 8" bed/crew cab combo. And its lighter which means less gas money.

I like. I don't like the cap though. On my dad's truck I put a tonneau cover on, umm... http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/73A3868A0A0.aspx I think, and it works really well. Almost no water gets in in the rain. Looks nice too. You'll also appreciate the nerf bars on it, makes getting in a LOT easier, especially if you don't want to drag snow in. I'm 6'3"ish and I have a tough time getting in without them.

ya, iv seen those on some trucks, they look pretty good.

if i got a truck with a cap already, i could probably sell it for 150-200 bucks maybe.

hmm, while i was at work this morning, i was thinking, what kind of exhaust would you put on a F150 to get that nice deep throaty v8 sound.

pretty be the same as the H-Pipe set up dual cat back i guess like my mustang?

Yep, dual flowmasters. I'm not sure if there is a big aftermarket to make H-pipes and all. An exhaust shop would know how though.
My grandpa has an 06 F-150, 5.4L triton. It's a great truck, and HUGE, to me at least.

Back
Top Bottom