-!-$-!- Estimated Amount Of Money -!-$-!-

mech00

Beta member
I was wondering if anyone here knew, or could tell me where to find out....how much (estimated) would it cost me to get a professional software company who specializes in custom software to make me a piece of software (Chat program) with the following capabilities and specs:

- Sign on capablityies
- Username \ Password capabilities

- Capable of Instant Messaging, Buddylist, and talking on the microphone (the microphone is CRUCIAL to the chat. A person needs to be able to press "talk" and have the whole chatroom hear them.

- Capable of handling over 20,000 users and storing information about them in database at a VERY stable rate. I'll have the money to buy a $25,000 server with a lot of bandwidth - so the software needs to be able to handle atleast 20,000 people

- Capable of having over 200 chat rooms going on at one time ALL filled with 35 people.

- Capable of storing profiles (so people can create profiles for other people to read)

- and SEVERAL options and little tiny features everywhere.

about how much would you say it would cost to get it done right so that it's professional and my chat program can handle over 20,000 registered users? I want a professional software company with years and years of experience who has done many custom softwares before and can make it professional. Any ideas?

wow. lotsa stuff there. but sorry cant help ya. im only 15, and i dont have a job (yet).

Contact yahoo, because that is almost exactlly what you just described, but in my opinion if you want the kind of community that you described you should look into the msn coding and base it around that because it is by far the best chat service there is, unless you plan on charging people for memberships because if you do that then i suggest you look into investing something else because i witnessed how much msn died when they started charging

Back
Top Bottom