Electronics in American homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maurice, all mammikoura was doing, is that he was just sarcastic. He didn't mean to offend you in any other ways. He just found it awkward for a single person to have 3 TVs.

Myself, I have 7 computers, one TV, an alarm clock, a screen, speaker set.

James, a Microwave, kettle, washing machine, fridge/freezer, coffee machine aren't electronics. They are electric devices. Very different to electronics.

the only thing i leave on is my computer and nothing else because i just hate waiting for it to boot up, but other than that there is no point in leaving other devices on

psh my family/household is so damn wasteful, between me, my 2 bros and my parents, we have 7 computers(me 2, bro 2, mom 2, dad1, other bro1)
5 tvs, if you include my monitor which i use as a tv, plus other random electronics, noone in my family ever turns off ther computer(s) including myself, both are runnign 24/7

p.s. im not bragging, im just saying layoff brookfield, lol, cuz ther are worse perpetrators out there

holy crap man thats a fair few computers between you all, bet you and your bro have some great lan games ect!! the only things i use in my house hold in my computer, 42" plasma and lights so my electricity bill is quite good!

Brookfield said:
A report on British TV said that on average American homes have, on average 26 electronic devices, climbing to an average of 40, if there were children, & that they use, again on average 10 times the amount of energy that we do over here, not because they have more devices than we do, but due to the fact they are more wastful, leaving things like TV & computer on all day, using washing machines for just one or two items, instead of full loads, & not selecting "economy", so have a look round guys, & be sneaky if you can or want to, what amount of $$$'s does it all cost?, of course if you think this is too intrusive please don't spill the beans!!
nono.gif

Link to article or story. Or it didn't happen.

acottenham said:
holy crap man thats a fair few computers between you all, bet you and your bro have some great lan games ect!! the only things i use in my house hold in my computer, 42" plasma and lights so my electricity bill is quite good!
man you should see it some days lol, we have people over, jack my other lil bros computer, and if my parents are asleep thers lol :p its a good time, but normally after dinner cs! :D

Brookfield said:
Thanks Joe, try telling that to Mammi, he's so abusive.

What you need to do is realize that he wasn't trying to offend you in anyway. Did he know why you needed 3 TV's? No! So lay off the guy...he didn't know. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
Link to article or story. Or it didn't happen.
Al, it did happen, I don't make up things, it was a one-off bunch of statistics in a general discussion on wasting energy, & as the US is a huge country, & known the world over as being very wasteful, [fact] it was obvious that someone was going to say this, I don't much like being disbelieved, as it was a tiny part of one of thousands of programmes, it was patently obvious surely that a link to it was impossible, it's amazing. other people on CF come up with things like this, & they're very rarely questioned about their authenticity, I'm thoroughly fed up with it, or are they stupid immature wind-ups?. at least one member said lay off him.

Brookfield said:
it's amazing. other people on CF come up with things like this, & they're very rarely questioned about their authenticity, I'm thoroughly fed up with it, or are they stupid immature wind-ups?. at least one member said lay off him.

Really? Show me. I'm interested to see who doesn't post a link to at least show some form of PROOF. If this was a case in court, it would fail. Big time.

Whatever. I'm sure anyone could tell you that a lot of people use more appliances and electronics in their homes, not just American. :rolleyes:

EDIT>>> It was on TV huh? Whatever.

alvino said:
Really? Show me. I'm interested to see who doesn't post a link to at least show some form of PROOF. If this was a case in court, it would fail. Big time.

Whatever. I'm sure anyone could tell you that a lot of people use more appliances and electronics in their homes, not just American. :rolleyes:

EDIT>>> It was on TV huh? Whatever.
Glad you edited, & no, you show me who who is able to link to one small comment in amongst a load of others, & the US probably isn't the only place that has all these items, I know that, but some Americans, [not all] love bragging, like;- I have a 36" plasma/24" TFT monitor/ 2kw quadruple sound surround speaker system/car that does 8 miles to a gallon, etc, yes, be proud of what you have of course, your country is probably the richest in the world, & the world knows that, mainly because some of you keep telling us so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom