Ebay-Make a Living

LK, if you say that then everything you buy is a "cheat". Your points are pethetic.

isnt that how all businesses work, buy things cheap and then sell them for a profphit(cant spell at the moment!!) the point that you just made is basically saying that all buisnesses are based on cheats!! for some reason i dont think that is a good point!!

mark thorpe said:
isnt that how all businesses work, buy things cheap and then sell them for a profphit(cant spell at the moment!!) the point that you just made is basically saying that all buisnesses are based on cheats!! for some reason i dont think that is a good point!!
Most give a service. Support, Safety by checking the goods, an area for the purchase, people to sell it with. Even then they add profit above the cost of that which makes sense - because they give a service and that profit goes into continuing that service for the customer.

What I'm saying is people who do what he does, and the other who do it, are offering no service. They offer no security to check the product works, they offer only what support the original seller gives and no guarantee beyond that the original selling gives. They merely take money from the system and do nothing for it. Sales would happen without them and they would be cheaper; eBay make money from these sort of people - most of their money - because eBay get two sales for this, and two transfers on PayPal. That is what eBay are evil and people who do that are cheats.

rusbo.uk said:
I am auctioning a phone booster, but, i do not actually have it. i then buy one for cheaper and get it sent to the persons adress i have sold it to doing that i am making £1.75 a go, that ten times a day adds up!

Thats the way to make money.

Now throw insults at me!
Exactly. What part of you makes you think that is right? The person you sell it to looses money to you because you raise the price - or the person you're buying it from looses money he could be making which instead you take as a middleman. Not only that - but you don't offer a service of any sense for this money. You sit on your arse all day; and buy things to sell. Its like being a damned stockbrocker. You apparently don't even take it yourself and check its packaging or what condition its in for your customers - you just organise so its sent to the person you sold it to! That takes no effort at all.

I'm not completely sure what to say... I knew people did it but I never thought they thought it was right... I thought they just believed it was all they could do in order to live, so they did it until they get back on their feet and can work like a person with decency.

I think you should seriously think about the £1.75 you add to your sales, and then think whether the service you provide - nothing - is worth that.

Giancarlo said:
I sell actual goods and products I have on Half.com/Ebay. That's not cheating.
Of course people do that. Its a reasonable thing to do - its things like that above which are wrong.

camers said:
LK, if you say that then everything you buy is a "cheat". Your points are pethetic.
Not everything people buy is a cheat, and few sellers are cheats. But by telling us what he does on eBay can nobody see that is not the right way to make money?

i dont know much about ebay because i have never used it but dont you get seller feedback from people they nave sold to? if you are sensible you would only buy from people who have positive feedback, if they sell a bad product and get negative feedback people are less likley to buy from them again, so they would ensure that it works if they are looking at it for a living from ebay.

mark thorpe said:
i dont know much about ebay because i have never used it but dont you get seller feedback from people they nave sold to? if you are sensible you would only buy from people who have positive feedback, if they sell a bad product and get negative feedback people are less likley to buy from them again, so they would ensure that it works if they are looking at it for a living from ebay.
Exactly! That's the tool that makes what he does possible. He sells loads of stuff - he gets seller feedback and people are more prepared to buy from him. He buys from people who are selling first time, or have no seller feedback or bad seller feedback and cheaper prices. Then when he sells it he gets more. Its the same thing, but he gets more for selling it. Its wrong basically. If he gets bad feedback then of course nobodies going to buy from him but he's not going to is he - because he sells to much and most of the time it must all be geniune. They're not however going to know he's doing it and so they're not going to give him bad feedback for reselling stuff. Ah, lol, he'll be buying from low feedback people; not negative no positive. It is guess work - but if he didn't he wouldn't be able to sell with so much profit.

well if he is getting positive feedback he is selling good products then, it doesnt matter if he makes a profit, it just shows that he has good buisness sense!! have you never sold anything for more than you paid for it? i doubt you have, i know that i certainly havent, i sold a mobile for £25 more than i paid for it, if the person is silly enough to buy it, they deserve to get ripped off!!

David Lindon said:
Do you customers figure out what you are doing?
We can only pray I suppose.

mark thorpe said:
well if he is getting positive feedback he is selling good products then, it doesnt matter if he makes a profit, it just shows that he has good buisness sense!! have you never sold anything for more than you paid for it? i doubt you have, i know that i certainly havent, i sold a mobile for £25 more than i paid for it, if the person is silly enough to buy it, they deserve to get ripped off!!
I don't sell things. If I do its years after I brought it and its sold for less than I paid for it. Business Sense and decency rarely walk hand in hand.

No; I have not. If I ever sold anything for more I would need to be giving away a service for free in order to back it up. Sitting on your arse buying and selling things is not a service. Yeah; whoever brought that is a twit - no Mobile is worth £25, let alone £25 more than it was originally brought for. :D

i agree that he is a twit!! i bought it for £20 and sold it for£45, i even told him that it i had bought it for £20 and he still gave me the money!! if everyone went by decency and fair trade there would be no buisnesses, everything that is sold has to be sold as a profit otherwise the buisness world would not work, if you are that bothered by it trace it back to the suppliers and buy it from them.

Of course people do that. Its a reasonable thing to do - its things like that above which are wrong.

Why is it wrong, fool? Can you tell me why it is wrong? I sell things at discounted rates.. typically half the price of which it sells. Like a math book i sold for $55, which goes for $105. I think I'm doing people a legitimate honest service. There is nothing wrong with it. You're an idiot, LK.

Back
Top Bottom