Ears feel numb after clubbing

Kage

Golden Master
Hey all,

I have a bit of a worry :(

I went clubbing on the 3rd May, which went on to the 4th May (10-5am) and it was the loudest club I've ever been to. Some people were even wearing those yellow ear buds, but I couldn't find any... (They shouldn't even play music as loud as to really damage)

But the bass was immence, and I could feel my ears pelting.

Anyway, its now the 5th, and I still can't hear as good as I could before.

I feel like you do when you go up a hill, and your ears feel funny, but haven't popped yet. It feels almost like that, and its making me feel odd.

I had problems hearing people at a certain distance today at work too, and I took a hearing test online, using WAVE sounds, and I could hear up to 16,000KHZ (I'm 21), which I know... isn't brilliant, considering humans are capable of hearing from 20hz-20khz :( I've took one before and I'm sure I could hear 18,000...

I'm hoping I'll stop feeling weird from it at least...
Have any of you guys ever had this for extended periods after a clubbing/similar experience?

The most I've had it was for like 8 hours after I went home. I was around the music for 4 hours or so. You were there longer, so I would say give it 1 or 2 more days. If it's still bad go see a doctor.

It'll take a few days at least for your hearing to clear up. You need to be careful with that as it can cause permanent damage if you are exposed to the loud music for extended periods of time. Ear plugs may look dorky, but they can save your hearing.

I messed up my hearing from going to too many loud concerts. I have a slight case of tinnitus so I hear a low, constant ring.

I hope it does go :( I've never had this before.
I'm the same as you Joga, I've only ever had it for like a night or so, and its gone.

It was at Blackpool Syndicate, because Armin Van Buuren was playing, and it was Trance, so the beats were hitting pretty hard.

There are many areas. The main dancing area has 2 speakers on each corner, and if you enter it, and we did for about 30 minutes (couldn't stand it any longer), its A LOT worse than it is even a metre away from the speakers on the sides of the dancing area, so we were stood around there a lot of the time.

If the feeling does go that I have. Would I have actually lost some hearing, noticable or not? Or can it repair?

I hope it does go :( I've never had this before.
I'm the same as you Joga, I've only ever had it for like a night or so, and its gone.

It was at Blackpool Syndicate, because Armin Van Buuren was playing, and it was Trance, so the beats were hitting pretty hard.

There are many areas. The main dancing area has 2 speakers on each corner, and if you enter it, and we did for about 30 minutes (couldn't stand it any longer), its A LOT worse than it is even a metre away from the speakers on the sides of the dancing area, so we were stood around there a lot of the time.

If the feeling does go that I have. Would I have actually lost some hearing, noticable or not? Or can it repair?
Unfortunately, if you have hearing loss, it doesn't get better. It's possible that you could have done some damage to your hearing if the music was really as loud as you say it was. Thats why you really have to be careful with your hearing, it doesn't come back if you lose it. Like the kids who walk around blasting their ipods in their ears, they have no idea that they'll be deaf later on if they keep that up.

I hope yours goes away in a few days, but if it doesn't in about a week or so, you might want to go see an audiologist (sp?) and use some common sense next time you walk into a club and it's that loud.

from what I have learned from one of my class, my teacher said that when you listen to loud music, you destroy "hairs?" inside your ears, and if those are destroyed, they never come back. You would notice if they were damaged by hearing that loud ringing noise after listening.

How long were you there? I went to a concert that was a little over an hour I guess and my hearing didn't go back completely normal for almost 3 days.

Whilst all biologic terminology is out the window there (Teny's post, :d), the technical scientific theory is correct. But from what i've gathered, by glancing over the thread briefly, your ears should get better soon, you'll just wanna stay away from the rave for a bit.

Unfortunately, if you have hearing loss, it doesn't get better. It's possible that you could have done some damage to your hearing if the music was really as loud as you say it was. Thats why you really have to be careful with your hearing, it doesn't come back if you lose it. Like the kids who walk around blasting their ipods in their ears, they have no idea that they'll be deaf later on if they keep that up.

I hope yours goes away in a few days, but if it doesn't in about a week or so, you might want to go see an audiologist (sp?) and use some common sense next time you walk into a club and it's that loud.

Thanks :| You are right though. I really wanted to wear protection, as I was seriously worried while there. I just don't get why they allow music to be played that loud in the first place :mad:

Well, it was open from 10-6am, but we got there around 11.30 probably, and stayed til around 4.30 because we had to catch the train, so it was plenty of time...

Did get that buzzing, but this feeling I have now is something I've never had for this long, or if at all.

I don't go clubbing all that much, and I do listen to how loud I listen to things. If this has really caused that much damage; I feel sorry for everyone else that goes there, maybe every week

Back
Top Bottom