Driving, yay!

You have to prove that you can drive a manual in the UK?

Here's my 2 cents. If you're passionate about driving, learn stick. It's much more rewarding and provides for better car control, and not to mention better mileage (if you don't have a lead foot).

Yep I believe so, and I've always planned to drive manual :p
I hardly ever use automatic in racing games either

You have to prove that you can drive a manual in the UK?

Here's my 2 cents. If you're passionate about driving, learn stick. It's much more rewarding and provides for better car control, and not to mention better mileage (if you don't have a lead foot).

If you pass your test in an automatic, then you will later have to take another test to pass a manual in the UK. However if you pass your test in a manual then you can drive either.

I could understand the benefits of driving automatic in the states, as when I lived there, people seemed to think nothing of driving 2-3hrs for just a night out. So its simpler to put your foot down and go, however to me it loses all the fun out of driving, down shifting to overtake, and heading round the corners, feeling the engine scream as you push it further......

Ahh well now I just need a decent car to do all that in....

driving is great. just make sure you dont do anything wrong in the test, that was my mistake :p
never mind lol

Thats different didn't know the UK required you to drive both a auto and stick to get your license. Over stateside the only thing your required to use a manual for to get your license is you CDL which I should be getting in a few months.

How did you go 3 years without getting your license man I had my permit 30 days before I turned 16 and my actual license on my 16th birthday. Back on the old law just missed the new 6 month required permit crap.

As for driving its pretty simple. I watch for others more then what i'm doing because thats the biggest problem on the roads. Idiots doing stupid stuff. Of course not to sound like a hypocrite I was one of those idiots when I first got my license.

Auto is better!
:)
:)

Actually... Its not. Manual is A LOT better if you know how to drive it. You get a ton more control. And its easier on teh trans, easier to fix problems with, and can get better gas milage. Or you can get better performance and acceleration. All in all its better. Others will agree with me too.

Thats different didn't know the UK required you to drive both a auto and stick to get your license. Over stateside the only thing your required to use a manual for to get your license is you CDL which I should be getting in a few months.

How did you go 3 years without getting your license man I had my permit 30 days before I turned 16 and my actual license on my 16th birthday. Back on the old law just missed the new 6 month required permit crap.

As for driving its pretty simple. I watch for others more then what i'm doing because thats the biggest problem on the roads. Idiots doing stupid stuff. Of course not to sound like a hypocrite I was one of those idiots when I first got my license.
:confused: you only need to know how to drive a manual. not sure if you can do the test in an automatic but im 100% sure you dont need to do both. mainly because i had my test about 12 hours ago

Learning manual isn't as hard as you think it is. Few times around the block and you are set. Its the hills you have to get really use to :D

Actually... Its not. Manual is A LOT better if you know how to drive it. You get a ton more control. And its easier on teh trans, easier to fix problems with, and can get better gas milage. Or you can get better performance and acceleration. All in all its better. Others will agree with me too.

Agreed. You will also get more HP at the wheel because automatics rob a little bit more power than manual transmissions.

But the most important part is that they are way more fun to drive than automatics.

Back
Top Bottom