done! almost...

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys!! my build is almost done! im awaiting the burninators amd sempron 2800 in the mail, should be here thursday or friday. and i ordered a 6800ultra that should be here in a week or so, but anyway, the specs are as follows...
yea its very budget but hey, its damn good for me, and frankly wont be too bad...

Abit KV8 MAX3
amd sempron 2800 socket 754 (will be athlon 3200 soon)
768mb ddr pc3200 (will be 1.5gb soon)
Coolmax 500watt PSU (with my fan mod :) you'll see in the pictures
120gb ide harddrive
dvd-rom (just a regular dvd-rom)
cd-rw (hp cd-rw, nothin fancy, just what i found around the house)
and last but not least... XFX 6800 Ultra 256mb @ 350/700 (thats before i get ahold of the clock settings ;))

below is a picture of my little "mod" on the psu, what i did was run a wire outside of the psu that is for the 120mm fan so i can control the speed of that, and i added a blue LED 80mm fan on the inside which is at a constant 12v, all fans in the case (including 120mm psu fan) will soon be able to be switched between 5v and 12v for quiet or cool from my wiring job, lol also theres just a picture of the inside of the case, let me know what you guys think! thanks!
DSC00021.jpg

that is the psu apart, so you can see the fan inside and some of the wiring i did
DSC00023.jpg

psu done with new 80mm blue led fan, and 120mm on top
DSC00024.jpg

case before mobo install and tidying up, with psu on

heres some more pics with the mobo in...
DSC00030-1.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

this pic is a bit outdated, cause i added a usb header, and a cable for the front usb header for a total of 8 usb ports, also i hid the cables, ill post a pic once i get the processor, and then ill post another with the 6800ultra in there, then maybe some game screen shots :)

wow i am liking the modded psu , i wouldnt wanna do that though they are dangerous if you dont know what you are doing inside them

muz379 said:
wow i am liking the modded psu , i wouldnt wanna do that though they are dangerous if you dont know what you are doing inside them

ya they can be, DONT TRY THAT AT HOME! lol, well i knew what i was doing so its all good :) main thing is just not to have it plugged in lol

adding a fan isnt too hard , i swapped a psu fan out before when one broke but thats as far as i would go

ya it really isnt, i just thought the blue looked cool, and i was bored...

Hey man, good for you.

Always fun to build your own computer and say its yours that you built and no one else.

A little outdated, yes thats undeniable, but then again, its not terrible.

Back
Top Bottom