does anyone know if this is true?

Yeah, my monitor goes weird at 80-85hz. it works but it makes you feel like you need glasses lol...i dont know if thats because its the monitor or that its too fast for my eyes. Might be worth noting, that it might be becoming too fast for me, though this monitor cant go any higher than 85hz to check something like 100hz :p

Though I don't get tv's that run at that speed, what good does it do when tranmissions are at 25-29.7fps? Just makes it clearer? I think thats it huh? So there must be some sort of advantage of faster fps, but maybe its not our eyes seeing the difference in that way, but maybe because its skipping so much frames, it becomes shaper and smoother to us, get me?

Anyway, Yeah :p

i had never messed w/ the refresh rate b4 .. but i just did and i can't tell the differance between 60 and 70...but 75 looks blurry to me...

aha, that shows that its not my monitor then. Thanks for that Kalgatha. Yeah, anything higher than 70hz for mee too looks like that, so I guess around 70hz is my limit, and anything faster just smooths over too much for my eyes.

On a monitor, i wonder if there is a limit where it'd become fully white or something to the human eye becaause it'd look like its always refreshing, just like a camera sees in a way

lol, no ppl no! 70 is too little, soo disgusting. Atleast I don't like 70 as much as 85. My monitor can't get higher than that.

Have you ever been driving next to a car, and you notice there wheels spinning forward, then slow down and start going backwars? or Vise versa, it happens when they slow down or speed up. Prime example :p

jcon89 said:
i have heard that the human eye is not able to notice any change in FPS (frames per second) beyond 60. is this true?
See if you can see the max frames is a game and go to 60 and then try 70 and 80 and see if you see a difference

jcon89 said:
i have heard that the human eye is not able to notice any change in FPS (frames per second) beyond 60. is this true?

Question: if that's true, why bother with top-end 1337 graphics cards if the human eye can't appreciate the faster frame rates?

They benchmark saying look at our new card, it can run Doom 3 at 90FPS on 1024*768 etc., but the game does appear visibly faster.

Weird...

Back
Top Bottom