Do burglars strike twice?

Sinonymous

In Runtime
Do burglars hit twice if they don't get what they want?
I walked into a robbery of my house. Couldn't see who they were but I know they were wacthing me. I left the house for 3 three minutes in my car and returned and i heard someone in my kitchen. They must of just got in when I walked in because the hundred dollars I left on the counter was untouched. They got in from my open kitchen window and ran back in the woods behind my house. Nothing was taken but there is a bend in my screen from where it was pryed open. The police came and they found NO fingerprints said they used gloves. Lucky they didn't find any of my computers or game consoles any other pricey equipment. I have ADT but it wasn't turned on. But it took 45 minutes for the cop to show up. They could take everything if they felt like it in that time period if i wasn't back. I feel my security and privacy has been invaded and am very shocked. :eek: But the weirdest part was I left my gas generator on my back porch and my Honda Recon outside too and they were both sitting there.

It is definitely possible. It took police 45 minutes to get there? I wouldn't be a happy chappy if they took that long for me. Do you have any means of protecting yourself?

lol personally, if someone broke into my house, they better hope i they dont stay for more than 2 mins cuz by then ill have a shotgun loaded and ready to shoot them in the face.... lol

lol personally, if someone broke into my house, they better hope i they dont stay for more than 2 mins cuz by then ill have a shotgun loaded and ready to shoot them in the face.... lol

I feel the same way you do on the matter, But legally, Whole new ballgame. Legally, If someone broke into your home and was in the process of stealing EVERY LAST thing you owned, You can not, I repeat, CAN NOT shoot them. The only grounds for you using deadly force are if you or your families life is in danger, and by God you better pray you can prove that it was.

but will it be deadly force if i was to shoot them in the arm or legs or something? cuz its not a intentionally trying to kill them if you know how to aim lol (in not even a year imma be in the academy so i better know how to aim haha)

I feel the same way you do on the matter, But legally, Whole new ballgame. Legally, If someone broke into your home and was in the process of stealing EVERY LAST thing you owned, You can not, I repeat, CAN NOT shoot them. The only grounds for you using deadly force are if you or your families life is in danger, and by God you better pray you can prove that it was.

That's what I can't stand. They're already in your house knowing what they are doing is illegal, who knows what they will do to you or your family while they are still there.

but will it be deadly force if i was to shoot them in the arm or legs or something? cuz its not a intentionally trying to kill them if you know how to aim lol (in not even a year imma be in the academy so i better know how to aim haha)

Attempted Murder......It's not worth it, Material things can be replaced, Lives can not, Nor can you support your family serving a prison sentence.

I feel the same way many others do, You come into my home, Your asking to be shot. It really is a situation you have to assess when it happens. If you know the robber is armed and ready to kill for your stuff, By all means, Do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family. But more often than not, The minute a robber knows someone is onto them, They flee. A shotgun is a great deterrent as everyone knows the sound of a pumped Shotgun, Yet it also lets the robber know they're looking down the barrel of a shotgun, And once again, They usually bail out.

I look at it the way I said in the aforementioned,..Materialistic things can be replaced. If they want my T.V, Take it, Want my money, It's yours, Want my computer, Sure, Endanger my loved ones lives, I WILL kill you.

The law today protects the criminals. There is however a little known law that allows you to use deadly force. It's called disparity of force.
If your attacker is bigger, stronger, and appears to be able to overwhelm you, then it becomes a whole new ballgame.
In my book if you're in my home and I didn't invite you, you stand a real good chance of leaving in a body bag.

Once I heard he was in the house and I yelled and he jumped out the window and ran off. Didn't even see his face. Darn.:( Altought their have been copper theifs lately around my area and with Airbourne (huge company) making cuts there a ton of foreclosed houses near me.

Back
Top Bottom