Diving holiday - sharm el sheikh

mark thorpe

Golden Master
Day 1: bus turned up an hour late to take us to the airport... not a good start, this meant we only had 1/2 hour in the shops there, i bought myself an underwater camera
when we got to egypt (5 hour flight) we went to the hotel, and went straight to our beds, we arrived at about 11 egyptian time, 9pm english, but after a 5am start (6am when the bus arrived) we were pretty tired...

Day 2: went to the dive center to sort out dive equipment, and then went to the boat and had lunch and did 2 dives, first one at far garden, 42 min bottom time at 15m, second dive at fiddle garden, 42 mins bottom time, 15m again. these were shallow dives, just getting used to the diving again after a year of not diving... started photography on the second dive

Day 3: woodhouse reef, 53 min bottom time, 22m depth second dive, jackson reef, 40min bottom time, 20m depth saw morray eel and took more photos. sat out third dive and snorkeled, did more photos with one of the instructors digi cameras to get used to using it, did that for 1 hour

day 4: Jackfish alley, photos again, saw puffed up puffer fish being cleaned by a cleaner fish, and lots of giant trevalli at the end of the dive, 47 min bottom time, 20m. second dive, Ras Gaslani, photos again, 50min bottom time, 18m. did same on the third dive, snorkelled and took photos with the digi camera

day 5: Thistlegorm all 3 dives, max depth 30m, total bottom time on thistlegorm was 120 mins, excellent days diving, saw huge crocidile fish, black tip reef shark, barracuda, and a baby moray eel, sea slugs, pipe fish, and lots more fish, the wreck was excellent, did a small penetrative dive on the second dive, only spent 5-10 mins in one of the holds, and then spent the rest of the dive on the outside of the ship.

day 6: Ras Gislami, 25m, 50min bottom time, morray eel, clownfish, cleaner fish cleaned my hand and ears... they are funny things, kept on following us :D and also twin chromodores (cant rember the spelling, but when i get the pics ill post one) second dive Shark reef, strong current, 22m 35 min bottom time, after this dive we had 4 dolphins jumping with the front of the boat, that was excellent. third dive was the night dive, lots of lion fish, moray eel, pencil urchin, cleaner shrimp, loads of other breeds of shrimp, bioluminence, 15m, 50m bottom time

day 7: White knights, 53min bottom time, 18m. 32.8% nitrox M.O.D 30m, enriched air supply, free swimming moray eel, fan worm. last dive of the holiday was at Ras Bob - Ras Nasrami, 32.8% nitrox, moray eel, saw a green sea turtle

overall excellent weeks diving, saw alot, not quite as much as last year, but it was still an excellent weeks diving, i will post up pics as soon as i get them off my teacher whose putting them on the CD's, and if i can do it, ill post up a copy of the video that hes making of the diving...

from this week, i have done my nitrox dives, photo dives, and nearly completed my padi advanced scuba diver course, excellent week, lots of fun :D

that sounds like great fun, I've always wanted to go diving. But I guess snorkelling will have to do for now. I snorkelled in the Maldives, beautiful reefs, that was several years ago though

i get the pics in about a month and a half, the teachers are sorting through the decent pics and putting them on a CD for us, there will also be a video on there, which ill try to get hosted somewhere so i can put on here (anyone know any free video hosting websites?)

i think i got some good pics on the camera, ive got a couple of films to get developed, but im not sure how the pics came out on them...

Aww lucky you lucky you :)
I've never gone diving, its all urban area in central sydney which is the only place where i am close to the coast. But i get to do other things :) i like ice skatin and most of all me computer. :)

you live in sydney? australia has some of the best diving in the world... get out there and do it!! id love to dive in aus...

Wow, what an expericence, you are so lucky!
Busy it sounded like..
Aint you scared tho, sharks and all the bad stuff?
Like if you go night diving? :eek:
Dolphins awww beat that was a site!
How long have you been diving for again?

mark thorpe said:
you live in sydney? australia has some of the best diving in the world... get out there and do it!! id love to dive in aus...
You could easy come to aust as go diving here too ;)

nah, nothing wrong with the sharks out there, they arent that big really, and just swim away when they see us coming.

the night dives are awsome. you see soo much on them :D all the lion fish etc are great :D

ive had 27 dives, with a total bottom time of 19 hours 42 mins.

and if i could come out to australia i would be out there now... lol

Back
Top Bottom