discrimination possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL the work? give me a freakin break. they know what theyre gettin in to when they sign up for the job. they grade papers and read books.

now theyre MIGHT be one in every 10000 teachers thats a real good person and a mentor to the children. but all my highschool teachers basically threw on a video and assigned homework that they barely graded.

it was a freakin joke. underpaid my ass

I hope you fail. If you've finished school, then I hope they revoke whatever qualifications you've got.

Don't be a tit.

Both of my parents are teachers, and they put a lot of time and effort into what they do. It's not a job where you can just forget about everything once you get home - they are allways worrying about one thing or another.

I hope you fail. If you've finished school, then I hope they revoke whatever qualifications you've got.

Don't be a tit.

Both of my parents are teachers, and they put a lot of time and effort into what they do. It's not a job where you can just forget about everything once you get home - they are allways worrying about one thing or another.

I totally agree with jo3

Teachers are devoted to what they do, if they weren't then they wouldn't do it.

So... Ummm... I think making this thread was a bit of a... how should I say it?

FAIL

...Now this shirt he all of a sudden found to be "offensive" reads "Fart Master *toxic symbol* caution: contents under pressure", this shirt I had been wearing on and off all year with no problems.

What are you trying to prove? If he doesn't want you to wear the t-shirt then don't wear it. Don't give him any reason to 'pick you out'.

Have you ever worked with kids? high school and jr. high? I think not. Teachers are way underpaid. Which is why they don't care. Go to a rich town where they pay the teachers a decent amount, and you will find they have very good teachers.

And good pupils.

I agree that he maybe testing his powers but we don't know enough about this situation to judge you, OP, or the teacher.

ALL the work? give me a freakin break. they know what theyre gettin in to when they sign up for the job. they grade papers and read books.

now theyre MIGHT be one in every 10000 teachers thats a real good person and a mentor to the children. but all my highschool teachers basically threw on a video and assigned homework that they barely graded.

it was a freakin joke. underpaid my ass

I know you probably hear this all the time from your parents and / or adults around you.
No offense, but you are to young to understand.

You are going to think you are old enough. But because you have only lived maybe 13-16 years.. You can't comprehend age. It's literally almost impossible, so don't get annoyed. Once you are 18-ish you might start to realize what I am talking about. But the older you get the more you will understand.

Teachers wake up early and usually get to school around 6 or 7 a.m. Though school may end around 3, they usually don't leave till 5 or 6 p.m. Grading hundreds of essays and papers are tough and extremely time consuming. Planning classes requires time. Weekly meetings with other teachers and administration requires time. Talking and helping students take up even more time. Some of my high school teachers would stay till midnight some nights to finish papers. Many teachers help with sports and clubs without pay.
Normal 5 to 9 jobs will usually not involve extra work outside the workplace.

I'd agree for the most part teachers are underpaid. But where I went to high school, most of the teacher did not get there early. And if they did it was 15-30 minutes at the most and I was there way earlier. :rolleyes:

I used to have a PLF shirt that I wore to school. Luckily I never got in trouble for it. http://plf.zarb.org/

plf.png

I think you shouldn't wear shit like that to school.

you're there to learn, not to show off you oh so funny, but not actually funny tee-shirts.

it people like you that make schools introduce uniforms.

I agree.

Ever since I requested for one of my teachers to fill out a forums for a doctor (focusing, grades, etc..) he has been singling me out on certain things, the main one dress code. Now this shirt he all of a sudden found to be "offensive" reads "Fart Master *toxic symbol* caution: contents under pressure", this shirt I had been wearing on and off all year with no problems. Now were the discrimination kicks in is the fact that there are girls in the same room with dress code violations (short shorts, cleavage, etc...) and he says nothing.

Just turned the shirt inside out the first time and changed it back the next hour (with no problem with teachers). Second time just flat out told them no and was sent home. Don't see any thing wrong with it.

What do you guys think?
I think you should do what your teachers say, if they feel the shirt is offensive then you shouldn't wear it to school anymore. Whatever the dress code is at your school you should abide by it. Just because you got away with wearing it before doesn't mean it's not offensive. Your teachers just probably didn't notice it.

Rules....follow them....and don't be a troublemaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom