Desperately need your guys help.

Thelis

Golden Master
Hey, I am in a very bad situation.

I recently bought myself a beautiful, two button suit jacket. I paid for it in full right there, and it was 500. I threw out the receipt. Now, today I took it out and saw that they left the gray security thing on it. You know, the rectangular one that has a circular attachment on the other side of the garment. Usually cashiers take them off, but I can't go back and ask one to take it off due to the fact that I do not have a receipt and they'll say I stole it.

Can anyone tell me how to get them off? I can provide pics if needed.

Thanks,
Thel

my friend usually rips them off with a pair of pliers but i wouldn't do that with a jacket.

what i would try and do is drill out the middle where the metal pin goes in with an electric drill from there you could probably rip it out.

do you know anyone that works in a clothe store? maybe they can just do it for you.

Hmm... I thought you could do it with magnets?

Here are pics:
img4038ol3.jpg

img4039mf6.jpg

Yeah, I actually work as a cashier at Pacsun.

All you need is a really really strong magnet.

Oh wait.... Oh crap, thats not the magnetic kind. That is the kind you have to have a special "gun" to take it off with.

I'm sure you can just go in there and tell them the situation. They won't be assholes about it, especially since it was THEIR fault they didn't take it off when ringing you up.

I'm just curious as to why the alarm didn't sound and it was checked when you were leaving the store....

Rox's wiki looks like it should work, but the biggest thing I recommend is to go in and tell them the situation.

But when you enter the store, walk STRAIGHT to the cashier so they don't think you just picked it up. And if you can, get in their face about how it is their fault they left it on. I hate it when customers are assholes to me, but you HAVE TO listen to every word they say ;)

Haha, awww... I'm causing a bad day for a fellow retail sales assistant... Shucks :D

Haha man, I don't think it's really worth all that trouble for me and the ditz if a cashier. I'm considering just grabbing a sledge hammer. One blow, and its all over for the security tag. Then another 50 for the tailor to fix up the hole lol.

I think that they deactivated the thing when I payed for it, but forgot to take the fricken thing off or something.

Those aren't the ones with the ink in it rite? Cause unless huge ink blots are the in thing this winter season, I don't really want to sport one haha.

No ink but you won't get it off by force. I used to sell those things among other designs. I'm not going to tell you what's inside or how to defeat it. But I will say take a responsible person with you and just go back to the store. Ask for the manager and tell him/her what happened. If the cashier is there point them out also.

Haha man, I don't think it's really worth all that trouble for me and the ditz if a cashier. I'm considering just grabbing a sledge hammer. One blow, and its all over for the security tag. Then another 50 for the tailor to fix up the hole lol.

I think that they deactivated the thing when I payed for it, but forgot to take the fricken thing off or something.

Those aren't the ones with the ink in it rite? Cause unless huge ink blots are the in thing this winter season, I don't really want to sport one haha.
How is simply walking into the store and getting it simply taken off, more of a hassle than taking a fucking sledgehammer to the 500$ jacket you "bought"?

And no, those don't just "deactivate".

But whatever. There are several extremely simple solutions you have been given on here, but if you want to be a jackass and screw up your jacket, then by all means. Go for it. I won't lose any sleep, I promise. Just don't bother making a thread asking for help or advice and then pull a GWB.

hmmmm you seem very afraid to take it back and get it taken off even to the extent that you would rather risk ruining a 500 dollar jacket than take it back and ask them to fix their mistake....seems very bizarre....maybe you did steal it...........

Back
Top Bottom