This is the dell I want what do you think?

I just configured this dell, Its going to pwn! I just hope my dad will let me get it, i will be paying for it, It will be way flipping better than this laptop i'm using! I just have to get some kind of USB Wireless adapter....This computer will be used for photos,music,GAMING,GAMING,GAMING

Ive already got a mouse,keyboard and a17"LCD monitor and I'm going to be using a headset I don't need speakers...
What do you think?
Will this pwn?
shall I be able to play my games at max settings?

XPS 410 -Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6700 (4MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)
Operating System Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium
Memory 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
Keyboard No Keyboard
Monitor No Monitor
Video Card 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX
Hard Drive 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
Floppy Drive and Media Reader No Floppy Drive Included
Mouse No Mouse
Modem No Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
CD or DVD Drive Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Office Software (not included with Windows Vista)No Productivity software pre-installed
Security Software No Security software pre-installed
Warranty and Service 1Yr Ltd Warranty and At-Home Service
Internet Access Service No ISP requested
Dell Digital Entertainment No Entertainment software pre-installed
Labels Windows Vistaâ„¢ Premium

$2,319.00
$70/Month

yea dude go for it. as long as they configure it the way you want it, and they dont scam you, i dont see why not!! good deal

It's a good build. Not bad at all even! I'd say it's a very good system to last for a long while!

Ya, how coem you wouldn't want to build you rown PC with those same specs or better for less money?

Raffaz said:
Specs are great, but its a dell:)
good point for a system with the same specs look at alienware , although they are now owned by dell they are much better than dell

No, you're being completely ripped off.

All that HDD and it's a 7200rpm? Why skimp on that? You can get 10krpm which will slash your loading times, most important if you're "GAMING GAMING GAMING".

4GB of RAM? Hello, bottleneck! More RAM means it's harder to locate things, and 4GB of RAM is the maximum supported by XP, which is lucky seeing as you've got Vista and I'm not sure what the max it supports is.

The CD/DVD drive is nothing special.

Vista Home Premium? That's a noob OS, you'll get laughed at for that. It's like XP Home with a stupid interface, and all the hardcore gamers and computer geeks had XP Pro. I got Vista Business for free off my CompSci department, and even it's lacking in features. If you want the very best, get Ultimate. At that kind of money, it's not going to make any difference.

I think you're just being blinded by big numbers and not stopping to take a closer look at things. You'd be better off doing a homebuild if you want the very best, and I know Dell's prices are dropping but you can still get better value elsewhere.

True, but he's bought Vista. I can't really say to put XP Pro in.

BTW, a true Hardcore gamer will use a very light XP version. Windows XP Lite.

Actually, I'm reviewing your list and you'd be better off with DDRII-800 or 1066. And 7200RPM is too slow now. 10k or even 15k, if you have SCSI support would do great.

if i was spending that kind of money i would do a home build you would prolly save youself a large chunk of money , i calcullated how much you save by building a budget pc from dell a while back and the system they where charging £350 which was a celeron d 512mb ram 17" crt you get the drift i worked out i could build my self and get a 17" tft instead of a crt and it would only cost me £350 or thereabouts so i would imagine on an even higher spec system you could save more

Back
Top Bottom