Dell, Explosives, and a Laptoop

Yeah, in terms of the laptop blowing up, I don't think it was their mistake at all. If it wasn't for the battery blowing up, it could have been them simply overloading it, because a battery doesn't just do that for no reason.

Chainer said:
This has nothing to do with Dell. Dell made the computer and put Sony batteries in them, the same as Apple. Both recalled them.

Dell's not the largest computer company in the world because they have crappy computers. They sell $54,000,000 a day! They are computer suppliers to over 80% of the fortune 500 companies in the world.

Not to mention, Dell owns Alienware too. They are now going to AMD as well....who could honestly ask for any more than that?
+1...

yep... Dell currently have a world wide recall of Sony Batteries...

if you have a Dell laptop you should check the battery if it's made after 2001 by Sony in Japan, then it's faulty and can be replaced FOC by dell... all you have to do is send it to them and they will send you a new one back.

DELL are not a bad company at all..they are the biggest computer company in the world..you go into schools, what is the majority of computers they have? DELL!

I love DELL, I am about to order my 6400 within the next day or two, im just undecided on truelife..

joxley1990 said:
DELL are not a bad company at all..they are the biggest computer company in the world..you go into schools, what is the majority of computers they have? DELL!

I love DELL, I am about to order my 6400 within the next day or two, im just undecided on truelife..
actually majority of computers in schools are RM

I don't think you have to worry about explosive batteries now from Dell. I'm sure they are doing all they can to recall all their previous made laptop batteries should they be found faulty. New laptops released are suppose to be safe now. If something this big is happening, Dell would definitely be on top of it. Their reputation lies on it.

Whats RM?
Research machines, the UKs largest IT supplier to education, (helped in part by the tesco computer for schools vouchers).
I'm sure they are doing all they can to recall all their previous made laptop batteries should they be found faulty
Yes, it's only batteries made by Sony, in Japan, after 2001 and only for about five models. there is also a world wide recall in which Dell replaces the batteries free of charge, I think, covering all costs associated with postage et all.

can't realy ask for anymore can you?

Root where are you getting your information? It's alot more than 5 models, and it's only ones that were shipped between April 1 2004, and July 18 2006. And they were made in Japan and China. Some were made in Japan assembled in china.

If anyone wonders if their battery is one of the batteries under recall, go here: https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/

I was lucky, Mine wasn't part of that batch. Manufactured in Taiwan.

Back
Top Bottom