the definition of spam? and more... trust me, it gets better...

jac006

Golden Master
ok, just want to know... for a reason. as far as i know, spamming is just posting unnecessary things, like google.com or saying spam or just being stupid. if not, or is there's more, tell me. thats what i know. why ask this? ok, this site: shrapnel-forums.tk/ is a game sort of site where we are trying to make a game. im a writer on the team and about a week ago started to really get into the site, becuase i wanted to get it up and running (the game, that is). so i posted a lot. i doubt any of them were nonsense posts, because all were relevant to the topic, to what was being disucessed. is posting too much spam? let me know. after about three or fours days, without any warning, no nothing, i just banned. is this acceptable? tell me please. i would like to know. thank you.

As far as i can tell spam is just randon non-sence just to be posting/ also by advertizing a site over and over/
this is spamming and is not allowed.

You are only allowed to advertize your site in the advertizing section, and only once.

If they up and banned you for no reason at all, then i think it was uncalled for, unless you were going around making ramdom crap threads just to waste the time of the Moderators.

Then yes you will be banned on the spot without warning...

SPAM is a short form for something, but i'm not sure what it is. (like CPU=central processer unit)

it's from the monty python spam sketch where in a resturant john cleese the restaurant manager offeres everything with Spam. (the tined meat).

yet he desn't believe the dinner (Eric Idle -who was the voice of rincewind in the disc world games) deosn't want or even like spam...

if you've not seen it you can find a script here http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_python.htm

there is even a spam song http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav

OK spam through emailis unsolicited advertising email, that is to say advertising mail you have not asked for...

spam on a forum is unsolicited advetising posts.
advertisingis solicited, (asked for) in the advertising sections and not asked for in other sections, so advertisin g in other sections is spam...

in forums it's taken on ht emuch broader meaning to mean any random crap, advertising or otherwise...

so posting a lot isnt considered spam? because i never did random crap... i always posted with relevance. check for yourself: shrapnel-forums.tk.

jac006 said:
so posting a lot isnt considered spam? because i never did random crap... i always posted with relevance. check for yourself: shrapnel-forums.tk.
Unless you keep posting the "My game really rocks... like" all the time, because that's what annoys other posters.

Or posting NetBux, Get your Ipod for free, etc. which in my book is spam. :p

Has anyone got those emails sayin 'buy our product' and then at the bottom it says

"The nature of this email is non-profit, therefore not considered spam and exluced from the spam act congress blah blah"

!!

Back
Top Bottom