damnit!

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
ok, well i tried to install XP Home on my new computer, from my old laptop that had it pre-installed...

Now that its detected hardware changes, XP wants me to re-validate the copy of XP so i did then it said that the number of times it can be validaet has expired so called the number up and gave the ID thingy over the phone and answered some of the questions, and it said that i would have to buy abnother key to activeate it since it isnt the original computer

is there any legal way around this? I would really rather not have to buy a new key :(

You should've said you were just reformatting to get rid of a virus (no hardware changes)...can you call up again and do that?

i made the mistake of being honest and took the option over the phone that i was installing a copy from a pre-installed verison :(

edit: i tried to call again, but the computer voice thingy said that the ID was invalid ...

Yeah, when you have it preinstalled on a brand name pc (I'm assuming), you can't install it on another pc. It can be reinstalled on the original pc, but not a different pc.

You'll have to shell out the cash for a new copy of XP....sorry man, it's your only option.

Is it XP pro 32 bit by any chance? I can hook you up with a key, just PM

Edit... Just saw that you got home, but if you ever decide to go pro LMK

Back
Top Bottom