computer training - any suggestions?

jujugiants

Solid State Member
Hello all - i provide level I & II desktop/help desk support to a medium size commercial insurance agency in manhattan.

i am fairly new to the industry, previously working in the insurance and finance industries. i am eager to improve my overall technical knowledge and boost my resume. i recently attained the a+ cert and i am looking to start net +.

since i majored in business admin. / finance in college i feel i lack a fundamental understanding of info systems and network topologies.

can anyone suggest a worthwhile technical program in the ny / nj metro area? i believe certs can be very beneficial, (i intend on eventually studing the microsoft track and cisco certs), however at this point i feel i should develop a more well-rounded knowledge (i.e. chubb institute, netcomm, stevens, devry etc).

as you can tell i am pretty lost....any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Well, training for the CCNA certification would be a great place to go from. It starts pretty much with the theory and history of networking and goes all the way up to complex networking and troubleshooting as well as the major transport protocols and such. You'll learn a LOT, and having a CCNA certificate is really good to be able to put on your resume.

Back
Top Bottom