Computer Game Music Remixes

Kage

Golden Master
Hey, By any chance does anyone here like music from games?

Well, I've got two sites that might interest you in that case, which have music from systems as old as the Amiga, remixed, plus, a MIDI site with Midi alternatives of remixes.

Some composers are useless, but there are many that are very good. I advise you check them out:

MP3 Remixes:

http://www.ocremix.org/

MIDI Remixes:

http://www.vgmusic.com/

Plus, if you like the original so much you won't be happy with remixes, then this might help:

http://www.ocremix.org/list.php?type=soundarchives&offset=0&sort=gameasc

You will probably need Winamp though to play these file types, and a few plugins too:

http://www.zophar.net/winamp/

Hope you like :D

The awsome realm of tunage from games, i love video games and their wicked blend of digital music. I have lot's of mp3 disks made from songs within games. i make most of my own using the recording program i use to edit music with.

If i find really cool songs i like, i will mixx them with other ones to make my own mix. After all i am not called the mixx for nothing.

i will have to try out those sites when i have the time..

Wow :D That sounds well great :D

I'd really like to learn to DJ, etc partially, which is really what your doing, mixing and all.

I've always loved Computer Game music though, and that kind of Digitalness, like you. Partly because there are alot of good composers out there that don't want to just have singing tracks, so there are loads and loads of instrumentals.

I have many GB's of old music from Megadrive, Snes, etc. Most of my collection are MODS, etc, rather than MP3 of regular bands.

Maybe you could post a few of your mixes up on there :p

Kage said:
Wow :D That sounds well great :D

I'd really like to learn to DJ, etc partially, which is really what your doing, mixing and all.

I've always loved Computer Game music though, and that kind of Digitalness, like you. Partly because there are alot of good composers out there that don't want to just have singing tracks, so there are loads and loads of instrumentals.

I have many GB's of old music from Megadrive, Snes, etc. Most of my collection are MODS, etc, rather than MP3 of regular bands.

Maybe you could post a few of your mixes up on there :p

Not shure i understood the last question, but yeah..i mostly record the music right off the emulator while it's playing the game in real time.

i only said i have mp3's of games cuz that is the sound quality i like, plus i can squeeze the most songs onto one cd.

a regular 700mb 80 min. cd will hold 90 songs for me..

"If i find really cool songs i like, i will mixx them with other ones to make my own mix"

Thats where that question came from, though I understand what you mean by mix now. I thought you made your own versions of the tracks.

How do you mix them though? Like a fadeout? Or do you do more complex mixing like adding extra drums? etc?

"a regular 700mb 80 min. cd will hold 90 songs for me.."

Thats about right for 192kbs I think...

For most emulator music though, you'll be surprised what bitrate you can have them at, and still get the best quality. You may find you don't have to have it as high because its all electronic.

Well the music is made into one long track.. from there it get's broken down into individual tracks suck as drums, guitars, voice ect.

then i add them to a looped track that has drum breaks in it, and add the parts of the tracks to the loop as i like.. mixing them all into one track.

then cleaning it up with tools like compression, noise gates and filter's, then run them through a couple of equalizers for the best quality of sound..then it's saves as an mp3.

Wow, thats impressive :D

What type of program do you use to split the drums, etc from the track? Have you found a way so that it only records drums and not any other part of it?

Or, do you mean on the emulator, you can turn off channels with different parts on it?

I've been visiting some of those sites already. I downloaded all the Street Fighter 2 MIDI mixes. Street Fighter 2 OWNS by the way in all fighting games. Ha-do-ken...

Kewl :D

The sites are really good I think.
There are some really talanted muscians out there.

I've been wanting to make one, but I've never really got round to it.

Many of the people on that MP3 remixing site would have used trackers most likely.

Back
Top Bottom