College... What are your views?

Let me specify, when i say college, i mean traditional 4yr univercity. My fear of going to a junior college is that i wont be dedicated enough to it and itll just be a waist of time and money. I think what i mayj ust do is instead of having that peice of paper too get me by, im gonna get certified in a buncha shit. A+ Cisco Java, its all stuff i can do, pretty much no prob. getting into college isnt a big deal to me. I have a 1100 on my sat's, which I know kinda sucks, but its more than enough to get me into an arizona university regardless of my gpa, which is shit beond shit.

Is there anyone else in this delema, that feels they shoudlnt waist therelife going to college, or is it just me.

I never wanted to bother going to Uni...

but I did,
I had the time of my life and have learned more skills to be able to develop my own businesses, (when I've saved some capital to take the plunge).

It opened my eyes to different areas that need to be addressed in a business, and whilst I'm saving capital to start off on my own it has given me a job with a much higher wage than I could otherwise have hoped for, so I'll (theoretically) get there quicker...
Also you'll find that many universities offer entrepenuers some special business insentives, and actualy help them set up, even to the extent of giving them some start up capital.

There are like you say some draw back, expense is one of them, and the time out of your life is another,

College is well worth it. They will give you all the tools you need to start a buisness. Trust me you dont know enough yet. I thought i did but after taking ap econ i realize that i am not equiped to start a buisness at all. It may be there it just wont be as good as it could. Trust me go to college. It is well worth the money. You are also forgeting scholarships.

The best option is an apprenticeship, you end up getting paid to go to college, and getting good qualifications out of it...

wow america is fecked .. we can do "collage" for free its called lower and middle/upper sixth ... and the qulfication is called a A-Level

Dested said:
Let me specify, when i say college, i mean traditional 4yr univercity. My fear of going to a junior college is that i wont be dedicated enough to it and itll just be a waist of time and money. I think what i mayj ust do is instead of having that peice of paper too get me by, im gonna get certified in a buncha shit. A+ Cisco Java, its all stuff i can do, pretty much no prob. getting into college isnt a big deal to me. I have a 1100 on my sat's, which I know kinda sucks, but its more than enough to get me into an arizona university regardless of my gpa, which is shit beond shit.

Is there anyone else in this delema, that feels they shoudlnt waist therelife going to college, or is it just me.

1100?? thats terrible! my friend couldnt make it into any of the schoools he really wanted to go to with his 1500. besides they put in the writing ones now so its up to 2400max

neochivers said:
wow america is fecked .. we can do "collage" for free its called lower and middle/upper sixth ... and the qulfication is called a A-Level
You're right we can do 'collage' for free. if we all do out in the fields finding things and then get busy with pritt sticks...

Just in case that joke is too subtle

Click here also

A college is a place that you go to get educated. In america, (unless I'm very much mistaken) College and university are provided for the same age ranges, with the difference being in the naming of the buildings rather than the level of the education...

College is providing education for 18+ and so is university,

the difference is in britain college is for 16+ and provides a higher learning step before university...

yes, like I asid, in britain college is an education level for 16+

whereas in america college is for the age ranges that britain sees as University.

Hence the definition I linked
An institution of higher learning that grants the bachelor's degree in liberal arts or science or both.

that is what we call a University... a place where you get a degree, (not a place where yuo do either A levels or AS levels.

I can goto college, spend 56k over 4 years+ 4 years of my life fora peice of paper...

If you feel that way about it, Don't Go. Attend college only if you feel you can LEARN something valuable and substantial. Not for a certificate. You can always print a certificate but you can't get back time which has passed!

Don't spend your life on something you have to. Rather explore paths you WANT to. That way, later in life you won't regret your decision.

Back
Top Bottom