Cisco WRV210 Router Help

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
Ok so here's the situation I've gotten myself into. I had an access point die. Not a router, but an access point. I called my supplier to order a new one, but I wanted a cheaper one than what I had before. I said I needed an access point. He gave me a list of options he had and I picked a Cisco WRV210. Got it yesterday and am trying to set it up. I have not been able to figure out how to use it as an access point. Here's my setup.

I need to turn the DHCP off on the router/access point because I have a DHCP server. I need to give the router/access point a static IP address and then have it give out IP Addresses (from my DHCP server) to anything that connects to it.

At this point problem one is if I turn DHCP off nothing will connect to it and I unable to give it a static IP address. Basically it wants to function only as a router and be plugged into my modem (which isn't what I need it for) and run DHCP itself.

Any ideas on what I can do or can anyone help find out information about it online somewhere. I spent several hours messing with it yesterday and feel like I just went in circles but feel like I'm missing something simple. On the other hand, it might just not have an "access point mode" and the supplier didn't know what he was talking about or didn't understand me.

Got the problem fixed.

EDIT:
The solution was much simpler than I was making it. I had DHCP turned off on the router but I couldn't get it to give out IP address to any connected computers. By simply moving the network cord (the one that was connecting the router to the rest of my network) from the Internet Port to one of the LAN ports the problem was fixed.

Back
Top Bottom