China is a polished turd

kinda like last night in gymnastics, 2 of those girls where NOT 16. cheaters...

So what if they weren't? It's not like you're not allowed to participate in the Olympics if you're not over 16. Even if they cheated their age is probably because it would be easier to get them on an airplane. I've heard of a lot of problems when trying to put people under 16 on airplanes.

IMO, the Olympics should only be hosted on countries with history. It should be something special. Take China, I totally support them hosting the Olympics. They're a country that have come a long way and still has a long way to go, but I think allowing them to host the Olympics would act as a symbol of acknowledgment that they're doing a good job. And if not this idea, then I think it should be hosted in Greece every time, after all, that's where it was originally founded.

edit: I also find absurd that American commentators root AGAINST China. If they don't support them, then at least don't bring them down. It is because of that and some other reasons, that in this Olympics I have been rooting for China and of course, Brazil.

So what if they weren't? It's not like you're not allowed to participate in the Olympics if you're not over 16. Even if they cheated their age is probably because it would be easier to get them on an airplane. I've heard of a lot of problems when trying to put people under 16 on airplanes.

actually dude, the minimum age for a gymnast is 16.

let me see if ive got this straight you think a country that has human rights issues shouldnt host the olympics and yet you think any country that bombs another country should be able to, Hmmmm personally any country that is involved in violence in any kind be it wars or human rights violations shouldnt host the olympics or any other sporting event.
i can't think of many countries that don't use violence of any kind just for their own purposes be it oil or gold etc.
...you don't understand anything about what is going on in the world today. Educate yourself about the issue before making an opinion on it.

We are fighting a just war in the Middle East. That is totally different than China's government shooting up thousands of innocent civilians just because they were holding a peaceful protest.

...you don't understand anything about what is going on in the world today. Educate yourself about the issue before making an opinion on it.

We are fighting a just war in the Middle East. That is totally different than China's government shooting up thousands of innocent civilians just because they were holding a peaceful protest.

well some would say the war that is being fought in the middle east is just others including myself would disagree there but thats another debate i suppose
and i suppose you are referring to the Tiananmen Square protests there , in which case that was in 1989 how is it a country should be judged on something that happened back then
i mean america commited an atrocity by dropping 2 nuclear bombs on japan and killing and injuring thousands of innocent civillians in 1945 the whole world could still use that to judge america however they dont

china likes america because we give them all of our jobs.

No, that's not it. That's why we like them. Cheap labor goes a long way. They were surviving fine until we showed them how bad off they were.

To be honest, this thread is the most biased piece of crap i've read in a long time. The "horrible" things that started this thread (ignoring all the stuff about the Tienanmen Square and the other human rights stuff) happen every day here in Milwaukee, yet Milwaukee isn't a polished turd, is it?

well some would say the war that is being fought in the middle east is just others including myself would disagree there but thats another debate i suppose
and i suppose you are referring to the Tiananmen Square protests there , in which case that was in 1989 how is it a country should be judged on something that happened back then
i mean america commited an atrocity by dropping 2 nuclear bombs on japan and killing and injuring thousands of innocent civillians in 1945 the whole world could still use that to judge america however they dont
That's totally different. Japan brought that on by attacking Pearl Harbor.

You guys don't seem to understand the difference between a civil rights violation and war.

For those of you who don't know about the Tienanmen Square Massacre, read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

Think about the alternative though. A full scale land invasion where millions of Americans, British, French, Canadians, Japaneese (civilians and military personal), and most likely Russians could have died.

Back
Top Bottom