Check these guys out

I don't quite understand how he would land safely without a parachute, sure the suit would slow him down, but I wouldn't think that much? lol

Nope, I just read about it, I'm watching the video now.

Okay, I watched it, and that is so awesome. I hope you proves all those critics wrong lol that would be so sick to watch him land on that runway.

If you ever wondered how they stop the catapult on an aircraft carrier look it up. I'll give you the short version.
Inside the last 6 feet of the tube it travels down is a series of high pressure water jet all at an angle. When the water is turned on it creates a whirlpool of sorts. The tip of the ram fits pretty tight in the last 6 feet. The compression of the water by the ram slows it down and stops it with no metal to metal contact what so ever. How fast was it going when the ram entered the tube you ask? 150 Miles Per Hour. The ram goes to 0 in six feet.

I'd bet they plan to do some thing along those lines. By spraying water in to the ramp tube you could slow him down enough to land safely. The problem he's facing is two fold. First is bleeding off air speed. The second is unpredictable winds near the surface. Using water jets like in the braking system for a catapult should work.

Those flying squirrel suits are awesome! I'd love to have the guts to try it lol.

punk!! haha i was gonna say that, well i was gonna say hey look at the flying squirrels!!!! ha guess i got beat =(

those guys are crazy though i would never ever ever do that haha

Man that is SO SO SO SICK....

I would love to do that...The closest I ever came to anything like that was jumping off the cliffs at the Quarries into water but that is only like 65-70 feet... But still So fun...

Back
Top Bottom