Cell phone jammers

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
what are the laws on these things? Yesterday last period at school im a teachers assistant and she doesnt have me do much so i usually just sit there and text and surf the web but yesterday my phone was having a really hard time getting a signal at all. so i was like wtf. and today i was in history last period (block schedule) and my teacher was telling me that yesterday her substitute brought in a cell phone jammer and used it throughout the day and her class just happens to be right above my TA's room and i was like wtf. so im wondering what kinda laws do they have on these? yesterday in class i was like what if the school is jamming our sh*t now and my teacher was like no thats illegal.

lol sowwy for so much reading :rolleyes:

okay well wikipedia says "United States: illegal to operate, manufacture, import, or offer for sale, including advertising (Communications Act of 1934)[4], with fines of up to $11,000 and imprisonment of up to one year."

so then how would someone obtain these? i can legally turn this guy in huh?

The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) in the United States has outlawed the sale and use of jammers because they can in theory interfere with emergency communications between police and rescue personnel, aid in criminal activity as well as disrupt medical equipment like pacemakers.

If you do get busted using a cell phone jammer, be prepared for a possible $11,000 fine. Remember, jammers are mainly intended for military or government use.

Although you are very unlikely to be caught because of the difficulty of tracking the location of the jammer signal to a direct point and the size of the units making 'em really easy to hide.

Bit of a bitchy thing for the sub to be doing tho IMO.

yeah i know. what a complete asshole imo. Subs usually right a small paragraph about how the class behaved and whatnot and i guess he wrote a whole page of bumbo jumbo and it somewhere included that he used a cell phone jammer

ehh its up to my teacher. im just gonna tell her and see what she thinks. lol what makes him a bigger asshole is that the portable (most likely what he had) jammers are like 250$ and only last about 90minutes on a full battery.
http://www.ohgizmo.com/2008/08/14/portable-universal-cell-phone-jammer/

it leads me too think that he had most likely a more powerful one because i was downstairs and a couple rooms down and i had completely no signal for most of the class

F*ck man, Sue his ass! If my teachers did that, I'd be right behing them with my left foot, and the $11k fine

Did anyone else experience any problems :confused: Wouldn't it be better just to tell the substitute first that its illegal, especially since you don't have much proof.

Are students allowed to use the phones in class?

We arent allowed to have them on, but if we are done with class, or teacher isn't looking... texting time!! lol, he can get in trouble for having a cell in class, but the sub can get in a lot more trouble...

Back
Top Bottom