Case mod redo is ready

lhuser

Golden Master
Ok, I have bought the following:

Red Chrome paint
Grey metal paint
Body filler (For mistakes done)
Automotive paint stripper (To remove ALL paint applied)
Body filler spread tool (A sort of thing women buys...looking like a cake spatula)

To be bought:
I have $70 and I might buy a $35 450W PSU to replace the 250W one.

What's to do:

• Remove paint from all sides including plastic
Done
  • Body fill the parts that I scratched in too much
Done
  • Paint the main casing grey metal and a red stripe on top.
Done
  • Paint the CD/FDD front plastic red.
Done

The whole operation was a great success. Although, the sparkles on the grey made it ruffer than being soft. I don't care. The product is neat. I will now wait a big time so it dries and then, I am reassembling. Once finished and cleaned up, pics time!

Lol, and dont inhale the paint stripper!

Heh, well, good luck, I cant wait to see what kind of work you do. Ive seen other random stuff of yours, but this one sounds like it will be top-notch.

This time, I am not scared to lose all my paint. I am ready...and thanks to some of you who helped me a bit on modding tips. But this time, I chose colors (First, it was black and yellow, but I decided that black was too common and I will leave the two colors to X800. )

Just wondering, what happend the the "room fan" idea...Werent you going to that a long time ago?

lhuser said:
Ok, I have bought the following:

Automotive paint stripper (To remove ALL paint applied)

I will try to think to provide pics of the progress. Oh and...if you use paint stripper, avoid putting it on your skin....IT BURNS as if you were on fire!

Yeah and it will melt all your plastic bit's and pieces as well... :D

lhuser said:
This time, I am not scared to lose all my paint. I am ready...and thanks to some of you who helped me a bit on modding tips. But this time, I chose colors (First, it was black and yellow, but I decided that black was too common and I will leave the two colors to X800. )
no no take the black and yellow, there good together. trust me I dont own Black and yellow. no one owns Black and yellow. Please paint it black and yellow, Just dont make the messtake like I did. Buying yellow rust paint. and the day after still stick... I hate rust paint takes too long to fully dry and be dry

X800 said:
no no take the black and yellow, there good together. trust me I dont own Black and yellow. no one owns Black and yellow. Please paint it black and yellow, Just dont make the messtake like I did. Buying yellow rust paint. and the day after still stick... I hate rust paint takes too long to fully dry and be dry
Dude...it's a little too late. I changed my mind because black is getting too common now.

Wombat said:
Yeah and it will melt all your plastic bit's and pieces as well...
Well thinking, but I have tried it already, to see. It will not even melt anything. It is as solid as it is before the apply.

Just wondering, what happend the the "room fan" idea...Werent you going to that a long time ago?
I plan to finish it up too, but I need led fans powered by 4 molex PSU that is not from Tigerdirect. Really hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom