Car Subwoofer

noobbuilder2000

In Runtime
Hello Guys its me again ok i wanna add sub woofers for my car. Now my friend told me to get 2 12 in subwoofers. And get a single channel 1000 watt amp for sub and 500 watt 2 channel amp for my speakers what do u guys think and if u think hes retarded it ok tell me what i should get.
I have a Nissan Maxima 04 Fully Loaded

Yeah. I think that would be good if you want to be deaf by 30...Next time you see one of those cars that is so loud everyone else's cars are vibrating, roll down the window and ask him a question. I guarantee he won't be able to hear you.

You only need something small.

Really anywhere you go could help you. try an auto parts store, and tell them you want a subwoofer for your car, and they will tell you what you need, but they will try to sell you some extreme overkill, so tell them you want cheap, and you don't need a lot.

Honestly, to just give the bass a little kick, you don't really need much. I have an '84 Camaro Z-28 (pretty small car) and I have a 600W very off-brand system (could look up the name if needed) system. 2 x 10" subs and 2 x 300W amps. It's perfect. I have them set just right so that they pick up the right bass frequencies and they don't rattle a whole lot...they just "add" to the sound and make it "fuller". I also replaced my stock 6x9s.

So here's my thing; you don't need to advertise that you are driving. What I mean is that OTHER people don't need to hear you. You only need to hear it, right? I think you would be fine with either a pair of 10" subs in an enclosure (or a pair or 12"s). Stay around 500W total and I think you'll have a system that actually sounds decent and doesn't just go "boom boom boom" all the way down the road.

If you are looking to replace the actual mids in your car (the speakers inside your car..in the doors, or sometime behind the back seat head rests), you don't need to add any more power to them. Most newer car output enough power to them to just swap in a set of better quality speakers.

All in all, it will take time to do a project like this (running a hot wire from the battery and running the sub connections from the head unit is the what will take the most time), but if you do it right, you'll be sounding great on a budget.

That's my 2 cents.

Do some googling and checking around. There might be better deals out there. Don't impulse shop. I'll look for a few good ones if I have time.

NewEgg probably doesn't have the best deals..

thats the thing i dont know were to look looked at google but i dont know anything about those stores never bought from them.

Check at Walley World. They used to have a lot of them for very cheap. Mine still has a few, but not as many as they used to.

I agree that 500-600w would be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom