Car Stereo in computer

are you kidding me i gonna put electrrical wires in a potential 240V PSU lol

could u put he wires in there and turn the PSU on from the wall ? that way i dnt have to be near it ? or will i have to remove the wires after ?

Check this article and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/196/1

conn_atx_1.jpg

See the green lead? Short the green lead to a black lead. Thats how these PSU's turn on. It's not high voltage here. It's a simple transistor circuit inside the PSU and grounding the green lead turns on the PSU.

ok jus thought id add some pics so far

the equipment used.
03.jpg

the PSU ratings ? 20a thats ok isnt it my stereo got a 10 a fuse in it so isnt that jus gonna blow ?
02.jpg

and the wiring.

01.jpg

its not working yet so ill get pics up "if" it works and "if" i dont die lol

and just out of curiosity before i jump the PSU what voltage is that green wire ?

ok lemme try that

ok PSU powered up but stereo did nothing, im gonna take a break and have some lunch be beack in bout half hour for a grand finale

Sweet. Your nearly there. The PSU is perfect and won't blow the fuse on the stereo and the wiring is cool.

The voltage on the green lead on the ATX plug is non existant. I have switched on PSU's like this all the time to test them. When the green lead is 'high' the PSU is off. When the green lead is 'low' the PSU is on.

Stop worrying. Your messing arround with the 'safe' end of the supply.

:)

ok dude jus finished my sausage samwhich, :D mmmm nice.

n e ways im missing something.

and i have 2 possibilities as to what it is,

no.1 when i connected my stereo in my actual car, it has 2 blocks 1 for power etc and the other for speakers, if i connect jus the power it doesnt work i needed the speaker 1 plugged in aswell so i might have to connect a speaker up for it to power on ?

no2. im doing something drastically wrong

the green lead is 5v.

and it's soft power on.

and you wouldn't get electrocuted even if you licked it.

I just shove a half a paperclip between the green wire and anyone of the black wires that surround it. and it'll turn on.

of course you could hook up a push button switch as well.

the green lead is 5v.

and it's soft power on.

and you wouldn't get electrocuted even if you licked it.

I just shove a half a paperclip between the green wire and anyone of the black wires that surround it. and it'll turn on.

of course you could hook up a push button switch as well.

i def will do when i make it permanent

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG im such a noob lol,

im guessing the cd player runs from 12V DC the same as the Yellow wire in a 4 pin molex right ?
and the wiring.

01.jpg

any1 see a problem here.

You need to connect to the yellow lead on the molex for 12V

Not the red lead which is 5V

lol!

So rewire to the yellow lead at the molex and your away!

hehe!

:)

ok jus thought id add some pics so far

the equipment used.
03.jpg

the PSU ratings ? 20a thats ok isnt it my stereo got a 10 a fuse in it so isnt that jus gonna blow ?
02.jpg

and the wiring.

01.jpg

its not working yet so ill get pics up "if" it works and "if" i dont die lol

and just out of curiosity before i jump the PSU what voltage is that green wire ?

ok lemme try that

ok PSU powered up but stereo did nothing, im gonna take a break and have some lunch be beack in bout half hour for a grand finale

ok then it works woop,

look

04.jpg

now to decide,

mod my case and risk damaging it, or build an mdf box and have a boom box / stereo lol.

you think i could get this thing to run off a 12V battery lol jokes,

well im happy its working now im just figuring out how to encase it

Back
Top Bottom