Car Forums

Infin1ty1

In Runtime
Hey guys i was just wondering if you guys knew of any good vechial repair forums, i have some trouble with my car and I cant seem to find any good information from google. If there are any gear heads here that would work out too.

Well the engine on my 97 ford taurus seized up from sitting for too long, iv heard that using Marvel Mystery Oil is a good thing to try but i was also looking for some other opinions.

Sorry can't help you with that one. I just did a google search for car repair forums and came up with a few i just gave you a link for one of them

Just keep turning it over, until it gets hot, put some new oil and water in everywhere, then continue to turn it over, then it should start.

All AutoMotive Q&A

Been running since 1999 Lots of real good guys there.

But in order to really answer your question we need more info..Before the car sat, did it sieze? does the engine turn over by key? Can you turn the engine over by putting a wrench on the harmonic balencer?

Now the other thing, why did the engine sieze? Did you over heat it? ran out of oil? Or beat it and now you have a bent crankshaft or camshaft? Engines just dont sieze from sitting under normal conditions.

Let us know.

well since his car sat there all the oil prolly drained to the oil paned thus nothing getting lubricated and no protection. depends on how long it sat there. best thing would be to try put a quart of oil or do an oil change and just crank it if it dont start its probaly bad.

Yeah we just changed the oil a few days ago and im having my step dad pick up some of that Marvel Mystery Oil and were gunna use that too so ill let ya guys know how it goes.

Yeah, just pop the spark plugs and pour some of that oil down into the cylinders, that should free it up. What happens when a car sits is that a tiny bit of rust forms around the piston rings and holds the piston in place. You need to get some penatrating lube (wd-40 or PB Blaster) and give it a good shot down into each of the cylinders and let it sit for a while, I would probably repeat that a few times. Then take a wrench and put it on the harmonic balancer and see if you can turn the engine over, if so, then it's free and you can then put the plugs back in and try to start it. This would also be a good time to check the plugs and wires since you said it was sitting for a while, if they're bad you should replace them.
[/gearhead speak]

<<resident gearhead>>

Back
Top Bottom