In Car Computer

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right guys,

eventually say in next 2 - 3 months i wonna built a computer in my car, now its not going to be anything extremely powerful, in fact i might even use my sis small form fator 1.7 Ghz Pentium 4 havent decided yet.

n e ways my question is what would be the best method of powering it ?

cars run on DC voltage right ?| pc's run on DC voltage right ? or would it be best to get one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7402223/Trail/searchtext>CAR+POWER.htm

i know if i ran it direct from car id prob need another battery now would i jus connect the 2 batteries together posotive negative etc and the alternator would charge both or would i have to find another way of recharging the pc battery ?

whats your thoughts on the idea ?

One question, why do you need a computer in the car? And where are you putting it? Why not get a laptop?

i have a laptop but its not the same as having a computer in your car, and y not have a computer in my car t-mobile / mobile boradband for £5 a month the world is my oyster

I've seen some in car computer projects and there a great idea for no 1 replacement of your current sound system no 2 navigation no 3 laptops are for your laps or desks not while your sitting in your car well thats my thought

well thats jus to list a few benifits, put a 500Gb drive in there and not only do i have access to what eva music i like i also have a fully functional dvd player, navigational system, fully accesss to the internet a gaming system. basicly u no what you sit at on here on i will have one of those in my car, i cant belive a computer forum ! would question the benifits of having a computer in a car, basicly yh its a laptop but 10X cheaper and in my car where its warm and comfy.

i have a laptop but its not the same as having a computer in your car, and y not have a computer in my car t-mobile / mobile boradband for £5 a month the world is my oyster
5 a month!!??!! Are you serious? How is it so cheap? Where are you going to put the computer and monitor? LCD I hope?

Are you going to be using an in dash LCD? Like the built in nav screens?

Back
Top Bottom