Can someone explain what just happened?

I had posted a fight clip the other day on Youtube. Within 2 hours of upload I got a notice from UFC - Zuffa which owns the UFC.

It read like this.

UFC - Zuffa LLC has claimed some or all visual content in your video UFC Steve Cantwell Breaks Razak Hussan's arm from Fight for your troops 12/10/08. This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification program.

Your video is still live because UFC - Zuffa LLC has authorized the use of this content on YouTube.

Your video "UFC Steve Cantwell Breaks Razak Hussan's arm from Fight for your troops 12/10/08" is still available because UFC - Zuffa LLC does not object to this content appearing on YouTube at this time. As long as UFC - Zuffa LLC has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Now today I get this video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc.

Who the hell is Viacom International? If the UFC said it was fine wtf is up with this company saying it violates there copyright. I don't even see an option to dispute there claim.

I just don't understand why it would get blocked because of some third party company when the company that owns the rights to the video's authorized it.

Viacom is the company that tried to sue the sh*t out of YouTube a while back, and they're still bitter about it. They pull videos like crazy.
Basically, they probably own whatever TV station that was shown on.

FIGHT IT! Send them that, and tell them you were authorized to upload it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viacom

Hmm that is interesting thanks for the link. There are piles of other video's like mine that are still up there though.

I don't understand why they have any right to pull it even if it aired on there station. If it wasn't for the UFC putting the event together they wouldn't have a show on there network.

I was looking into the dispute stuff. But I'm not really comfortable with my full contact info being sent out to the company I'm disputing. If I could do it directly through youtube and fight the claim I would.

But I'm not to comfortable giving my name out to a big ass company that could sue the shit out of me. I think I'm right but I don't believe I want to chance it!

What a bunch of sour dicks! They were probably pissed because my Video had almost 90,000 hits a day and a half after the upload and they were not getting any credit.

Back
Top Bottom