Can a school do this?

superman22x

Golden Master
School pictures, we all got them for the yearbook. But we didn't have to buy them. But we don't get a copy for ourselves then. But we got proofs. They just handed them out in class one day. Now they say we have to return them or we get charged. Can they legally just charge us though?

I know in the realy world, if you recieve a gift from someone, like a freebee in the mail, you can keep it free of charge. But does that apply here?

Well, I have a thing in my school were if you want a copy of your pictures, you have to pay ahead of time with a certian package. If you don't pay, you just get a new ID picture.

uh.........yes, no??

If the picture has a watermark indicating its a sample/copy/blah then its just a sample. But if its like an actual proof, then yes, they can charge you.

Thats like the school having you sell candy bars, and you not returning a box of them.

But the company itself didnt give them to us. And, you have to ask to sell the candy bars. The company just gave the pictures to the school, which then gave the pictures to us then.

Yeah they can do that. At my school they did the same thing but the proofs weren't given because they just felt like being nice they were given to see if you or more likely your parents decided that maybe they did want to get them. It is just an attempt to show them how they came out and persuade them to buy the full set of them. We were given a set of pictures and they had the option to mix and match them to pick which ever ones they wanted and just not purchase any of the ones that they didn't like. At least this is how they did our senior pictures because we had a special yearbook for the seniors and everyone was required to take a picture so that the yearbook was full for those who actually wanted to purchase the thing.

tell the school that they said proof on them they were useless as photos and you didn't want them so you already threw them away.

as they were samples that you didn't want.

Did you have to sign something that would indicate that you received the book? If not then they cant charge you, (because you never received it :)) and if they will you can file a claim against them.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom