Building an electric bicyle

must not weight more than 40kg although thats really heavy for a bike anyway
Must still be pedalable but as i said above youll want this anyway
200w for a single bicycle
motor cut out at 15mph

Started building the cables and connectors today. I've also figured out how I can have both pedal and electric power. Use two different chains. Since I got multiple gears to work with, I can have a long chain going between the pedal and the back and a short chain going between the motor and the back tire.

Oh and I forgot, I did test the motor on a 24v controller and it ran great. Heck of a lot of torque.

I'll post pics later. I'm on my phone.

I'm doing large pictures. If there is a problem, let me know.

4645728863_d858828700_b.jpg

4646343272_238e56b473_b.jpg

4646343500_dce8e9da50_b.jpg

Most likely I'm going use zip ties to secure the cabling.
4645729431_798766f54b_b.jpg

hey Legodude522,
would u like to share your controller and power booster system in detail?
This is the controller I will be using for now. One board boosts the voltage from 12v to 24v and the other board in it regulates the voltage. There is a pot on the side to adjust the output from 0-24v.

4645755653_7674877324_o.jpg

Looks good, but how are you going to ratchet the sprockets individually? You don't want the pedals spinning with the wheel.

Btw why has a mod never fixed the title? It is bothering me.

I've seen things like this before. There was guy that used a Chainsaw... it was pretty cool.

1000th post!

I honestly don't know how to setup a racheting system like that. Please inform!

What's wrong with the title?

I've also figured out how I can have both pedal and electric power. Use two different chains. Since I got multiple gears to work with, I can have a long chain going between the pedal and the back and a short chain going between the motor and the back tire.

That won't work. The motor will spin the sprocket and if the pedals are attached to the same sprocket the pedals will spin even if you use 600 chains. You want to be able to stop pedaling while the motor is driving the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom