Brookfield Finally Lost it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People get mad when their banned from a community that they enjoy, and they lash out by evading bans and causing "havoc"..

It doesn't give me any lesser thoughts of CF, because I've been here a while..

If a new member came on and thats the first thing that they saw, it might cause a little disturbance and be a deterrence factor for them, sure.

Oh well, whoever (some people have their idea of who it is) it was, will eventually get tired of messing about because unless they have nothing better to do, their wasting their time and energy on a community that their not truly part of.

My sincere thanks to all, but especially Mark, that post made by the "other" Brookfield made me very nervous indeed, phew!!

I did a Google search but I'm still not sure.. who is the George Monks that your referring to?

he was a member here for a bit, but he kept making useless posts and one worded posts like "lol" and "ok" and "sorry" and ":)" so he was banned, but then he kept creating one account after the other that were also banned.

Then he started his own free forum that was a copy of this one, and even had posts copied word for word on his forum!! The first one whats shut down i think, or he was forced to delete the content. There is another one, but I dont know whats going on with that one. :D

he was a member here for a bit, but he kept making useless posts and one worded posts like "lol" and "ok" and "sorry" and ":)" so he was banned, but then he kept creating one account after the other that were also banned.

Then he started his own free forum that was a copy of this one, and even had posts copied word for word on his forum!! The first one whats shut down i think, or he was forced to delete the content. There is another one, but I dont know whats going on with that one. :D

Wow, thats just sad.. lol.
I don't know how you could become so attached to a community that you'd go as far as blatantly copying it entirely.. :p

yep, and whats more, the latest forum he set up 99% of the members were made by him, so he was having conversations with himself :D

I did a Google search but I'm still not sure.. who is the George Monks that your referring to?
He is the one who hacked me a few weeks back, & David cleared my name. but as for who he is I don't know, a ghost from the past I think, some say it was furby & I'm inclined to believe that, but unfortunately they say that there's no proof, damn it!!!!, grrrr:(

Well, what I would do is do a trace on the IP and see where its coming from.. ;-)

Rather than delete the spammer's accounts, ban them and delete their posts. This way, you can compare IPs in the future and trace new accounts, to old accounts.

Sure, they can and might use a proxy, but there are ways to use vBulletin to block proxy use.. plus most proxies are slow and annoying.

There is also a way to trace duplicate IPs with vBulletin, with a modification of course, where you see members who have duplicate IPs.

wtf, none of the links go to the threads, but they still appear on the main page

8eiitti.jpg

wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom